The Aeonblight Drake is a farmable boss in Genshin Impact. Found in Sumeru, this flying automaton can use your own elemental abilities to bolster itself. Here’s our Genshin Impact Aeonblight Drake boss guide to help you defeat this foe and farm Perpetual Caliber items.
Note: For more information about the game, check out our Genshin Impact guides and features hub.
Genshin Impact Aeonblight Drake and Perpetual Caliber guide
To find the Aeonblight Drake in Genshin Impact, fast travel to the Devantaka Mountain teleporter. Enter the caverns and look to your right to see a tunnel. Follow the winding passageway until you reach the boss’ chamber.
The Aeonblight Drake has a few notable abilities:
- Grounded or Flying – Your foe will periodically switch from a grounded or flying state. Some of its attacks remain the same.
- Robo Rush – Charges straight to your character whether it’s on the ground or in the air.
- Sweeping Strikes – When on the ground, it will either do a tail sweep or smash.
- Barrage – When it the air, it will fire dozens of missiles that have tracking capabilities.
- Elemental Absorption – This is the Aeonblight Drake’s “gimmick” of sorts. Whenever it does this, you’ll notice a bright glow on its eye. This means it’s absorbing the type of element that caused the most damage to it previously. It will then gain increased resistance to this element.
In some cases, you’ll see glowing markers on the boss’ eye, chest, and wings, which can occur during its casting animations. When this happens, shoot those weak spots to stun it.
It will get immobilized, allowing you to wail at it with your bursts. Moreover, it will lose its elemental resistance, though it can use the ability again later.
The boss drops the usual artifacts (i.e., Gladiator’s Finale and Wanderer’s Troop), as well as Varunada Lazurite and/or Shivada Jade gemstones.
Moreover, the Aeonblight Drake in Genshin Impact also rewards you with the Perpetual Caliber, an ascension material used by Nilou, Layla, and the Wanderer Scaramouche.