Hu Tao has just joined the roster, and she’s got her own quest called “Papilio Charontis.” Here’s our Genshin Impact guide to help you with Hu Tao’s story quest and its domain puzzles.
Note: For more information about the game, check out our Genshin Impact guides and features hub.
Genshin Impact: Completing Hu Tao’s story quest and solving the domain puzzles
Like many story quests in Genshin Impact, Hu Tao’s tasks involve a bit of back and forth. Here’s part one:
- Go to Wuwang Hill and talk to the undertaker. Hu Tao will be introduced as the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor’s director.
- Travel to Liyue Harbor. Talk to three NPCs in the area. They don’t seem to be enthused.
- Examine the marked locations after speaking with Hu Tao.
As for part two:
- Go to the exorcism site. It’s just a ley line defense encounter against a few hilichurls and mitachurls.
- Talk to the ghost of Big G and return to Liyue Harbor. Remember the three NPCs you spoke with earlier? Well, you’ll talk to them again (apparently, they’re buddies of Big G when they were kids).
- One NPC requires 1x Jueyun Chili. Another, meanwhile, will have you looking for a Plaustrite Shard in a marked location in the dockyards.
Lastly, there’s part three which takes you to the domain itself:
- Meet with Hu Tao at Wuwang Hill and enter the domain.
- You’ll be able to use her here, which is quite fun since you’re up against some Cryo-based mobs and hilichurls. Use her abilities to scorch the vines blocking your path.
- There are stone puzzles in the domain, so make sure you pan your camera around until the symbols are lit up.
- Eventually, there’s a section with a stone puzzle and a soul orb behind some vines.
- Get the symbol to light up to open a path. Take the orb and go through the room. Pick up the second orb here.
- Make sure you’ve got two orbs once you place them on the pedestals.
- In the next area, pick up the blue orb, then go past the spider web.
- Swim across the stream until you reach an open area. This will lead back to the previous room.
- It’s like you just looped around. But, this time, a second orb will have spawned. Make sure you’ve got both orbs, then go near the pedestals.
The final area is where you’ll talk to some ghosts, including Big G. Talk to Hu Tao to spawn a chest and the exit. Once you’re back at Wuwang Hill, speak with Hu Tao once more to finish her story quest.