Rockstar has released a new patch for Grand Theft Auto IV out of the blue which comes six years after the game’s launch.
The patch has been released to make the game more compatible with new OSes such as Windows 10 and there are performance optimisations
The update does come with a caveat. Players have reported launch issues, missing saves and mods that no longer work. Be warned.
- Added error code “WTV270” to indicate a problem with connecting to Windows Live Sign in Assistant / Games for Windows Live Servers.
- Added Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 to compatible OS check.
- Added Display Controller image in Controller Configuration.
- Fixed a bug which made completing “Out of Commission” mission impossible when frame rate exceeds 60fps.
- Fixed a bug with the “Resource Usage” indicator on graphics cards with more than 2GB of VRAM.
- Fixed a bug that restricted settings changes when using modern video cards.
- Fixed a bug with the map crosshair on certain resolutions.
- Fixed a bug with text scrolling in “Brief” Menu.
- Fixed “drawlist overflow” crash.
- Minor performance optimizations.
The update is available now on Steam.