Hades has four regions: Tartarus, Asphodel, Elysium, and the Temple of Styx. Each one has some hazards to watch out for and even special encounters with unique characters like Patroclus, Eurydice, and Sisyphus. Here’s our guide to help you out.
Note: This guide is intended for Hades’ early access stage and certain mechanics may change in due course. For more information, check out our Hades guides and features hub.
Hades dungeon encounters guide
Before we talk about the regions, let’s look first at the special encounters, rooms, or exits in Hades that can be found in various levels (barring the Temple of Styx):
- The basics – Here are some general tips to help you in your dungeon delves and meeting new characters.
- Trove Trials – There’s a chest and there’s a reward. Can you claim it?
- Charon’s room – The vendor will sell items and you might even discover a secret boss fight.
- Trial of the Gods – Side with one Olympian, but earn the spite (and the smite) of the other.
- Infernal Gates of Erebus – Take part in a “Perfect Clear” challenge to obtain powerful rewards.
- Realm of Chaos – Choose to gain the curse and blessing of Primordial Chaos.
- Thanatos encounter – Meet the son of Nyx and Hypnos’ twin brother, who also happens to be the personification of death.
The Regions of the Underworld: Tartarus, Asphodel, Elysium, and the Temple of Styx
Refer to each page below for the region that you’d like to learn more about:
- Tartarus – Zagreus begins his journey in the depths of the underworld where you can meet Sisyphus.
- Asphodel – The flames of hell churn in this scorching land. This is also where Eurydice resides.
- Elysium – Patroclus can be found in these verdant fields where heroes rest eternally.
- The Temple of Styx – The (current) final level is near the surface, and it’s Zagreus’ last stop before he can escape Hades’ clutches.