Before everyone gets too excited about the prospect of a Half-Life update that may reveal something new or add something new, this is simply an update.
The update fixes numerous crashing issue with the original game, Blue Shift, and Opposing Force. The notes are as follows:
- Fixed crash when entering certain malformed strings into the game console. Thanks to Marshal Webb from BackConnect, Inc for reporting this.
- Fixed crash when loading a specially crafted malformed BSP file. Thanks to Grant Hernandez (@Digital_Cold) for reporting this.
- Fixed malformed SAV files allowing arbitrary files to be written into the game folder. Thanks to Vsevolod Saj for reporting this.
- Fixed a crash when quickly changing weapons that are consumable. Thanks to Sam Vanheer for reporting this.
- Fixed crash when setting custom decals
Half-Life 3 is certainly not confirmed. Although, if you take 10 for the date and seven for the month that makes a 3 right?