Mortal Kombat 11 has been out in the wild for a few days now. Since its launch, many have voiced their opinions in regards to what should be fixed for the long-running fighting franchise. If you’re curious to see what those complaints are, you need only to look at the game’s official Steam page to get an idea. WB Games has taken to the internet to address many of these concerns. The official subreddit now offers a deeper look as to what exactly is rolling out in the update launching today.
Update For The Update
On April 24, there was talk of upcoming patches to address the list of problems that people have identified. It seems as though NetherRealm Studios and WB Games are completely aware of these issues. You can see some of this information in our previous post. Since then, specific fixes have been identified for the game across all platforms. A post was published on Reddit regarding things to come. Another post was also updated to reflect PC specific fixes.
The PC version will see a number of updates, which includes “tuning changes to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time with more tuning changes coming soon.” Others include fixes to “several crashes related to navigating the Pause menu with the mouse during an online match.” I can hear my mom now, “See, you CAN pause multiplayer games!”
The patch notes for the game seem extensive. There are a number of fixes that fans have been clamoring for, most notably, with the difficulty of the challenge towers. As previously mentioned, if you browse the Steam page for Mortal Kombat 11, you’ll see a flood of red thumbs down in the user-rated portion to the page. The notes on these tabs reflect many of the worries and items being addressed in the notes. The patch also comes within just three days of its launch.
Mortal Kombat 11 is now available for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Make sure to follow the MK 11 Reddit page for direct communication from the WB Games team regarding future updates.
Mortal Kombat 11 April 26 PC Update
- Initial set of tuning changes to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time with more tuning changes coming soon.
- Fixed an issue where the game wouldn’t load due to specific hardware configurations.
- Fixed an issue where the game wouldn’t load due to specific non-English characters in the Windows account username.
- Updated Character moveset values, including frames, damage, etc.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while navigating the Kustomize menu for a prolonged period.
- Fixed several crashes related to navigating the UI in the Towers of Time and Klassic Towers
- Fixed a crash that occurred when pausing the game multiple times with the keyboard in a 1v1 Online Match.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when navigating the Pause menu with the mouse during an online match.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when opening the EULA right after completing the benchmark and disregarding a display change.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when leaving the Local Fight Character Select.
- Fixed an issue in the Krypt where a player wouldn’t be rewarded the Ensorcelled Eye of the Dragon by killing spiders in Goro’s Lair.
- Fixed an issue in the Krypt where using a DualShock 4 controller could result in the character continuing to move after releasing the left analog stick.
- Fixed several graphical issues (like a ghosting effect on some parts of characters) when using temporal anti-aliasing.
- Fixed an issue with accessing NVIDIA Highlights in after an Online Match.
- Fixed several instances in Arabic where an Arabic character was not displaying correctly.
- Fixed several instances in Arabic where the button prompts were not displaying correctly.