Forget 32-bit, Blizzard take Heroes of the Storm to the full 64. Memory-tastic!
32-bit is such old news, 64-bit is where it’s at, and Blizzard are sorting that out with the next Heroes of the Storm patch. When the next patch day comes around the 64-bit version will be available for those that can handle it.
Anyone with more than 4Gb of RAM will finally be able to make use of the extra power which they say will stop any “Out-of-Memory error” messages. To get the 64-bit version up and running there are few instructions to follow.
1. Launch the Battle.net App and click the Battle.net icon in the top left corner of the app.
2. Click “Settings” from the dropdown list, and then select “Game Settings” from the Settings menu.
3. Next, find Heroes of the Storm on the Game Settings menu and uncheck the box labeled “Launch 32-bit client” (pictured below.)
4. Finally, click “Done” in the lower right corner, and then launch Heroes of the Storm to begin using the 64-bit Technical Alpha client.
5. If you’d like to return to using the 32-bit version of the Heroes client, simply re-check the box labelled “Launch 32-bit client” in the Game Settings menu.
Sounds simple enough but remember this version may still be a little rough and further improvements to the client will be added over time.