Quickscoping is as old as Call of Duty and even probably older, honestly. It is the art of aiming down your sniper sight and killing a player in one fluid motion, essentially nailing a shot before you lock it in through the scope. Here is the best way to get quickscope kills in MW3.
How to nail Quickscope kills in MW3
Practice is, as always, everything when it comes to getting Quickscope kills in MW3. However, there are a few tips and tricks you can try to make the whole process easier. The first step is to have the right sniper build.
The best Quickscope sniper build in Modern Warfare 3
At the time of writing, this is the build I would opt for in MW3 for a sick Quickscope sniper. What you want to get is a sniper that has outrageously high sprint-to-fire speed and fast aim-down-sight speeds. If you prefer another build, ensure you try to max these stats.
- Longbow Sniper
- Pro-99 Long Barrel
- FSS OLE-V Laser
- Nought -Z3 Grip
- SA-M Quickbolt
- No Stock
How to get Quickscope kills in MW3
Load into a game with a bit of space. Something like Hardpoint or Domination gives the best room and opportunities for Quickscope kills in MW3. Load into one of these modes, and get ready to click heads. Here are a few tips to get those kills:
- Aim the white reticule at the chest or above to ensure one-hit kills.
- Use cover to your advantage, repeatedly popping in and out to line up your shots before taking them. It is best to lock down an angle rather than constantly run around. Sprinting is not your friend here.
- Make sure to get your shots off before you fully lock into the ADS scope, or it won’t count as a Quickscope in MW3.
- Pay attention to the white marker on your screen; this is your ADS shot marker.
- Take your time. Remember, you are carrying a one-shot kill weapon, so take a hit or two before nailing that MW3 Quickscope.