The new Strand subclass introduced with Destiny 2: Lightfall has brought plenty of refreshing abilities to the game. From a batch of new supers to a robust grappling hook. Of course, as with each of the 3.0 subclasses, there are plenty of ways to build out Strand further. And by using different Fragments, you can personalize Strand to better fit your playstyle. Unfortunately, you don’t get the ability to alter these fragments right away. So here’s how you can unlock the Strand Fragments in Destiny 2: Lightfall.
When do Strand Fragments show up?
The Lightfall campaign gives you a taste of Strand throughout most of the missions. But you don’t truly unlock Strand until you’ve beaten the campaign. This means you’ve got to work your way through eight missions first. And once that’s done you’ll be able to interact with The Pouka Pond near the Hall of Heroes on Neomuna.
This is where you can finally inspect the Strand subclass and see everything that it has to offer. Additionally, you can unlock abilities like the Shackle or Threadling Grenades which will replace the Grapple. But, more importantly, this is where you can finally start to tinker with Strand Fragments.
How many Strand Fragments are available in Destiny 2: Lightfall?
In total, there are 14 Strand Fragments to unlock in Destiny 2, but you can only equip four at a time. This means that you need to choose which Fragments you’ll want to equip carefully. There are a lot of combinations you could make, but it’ll likely take some experimentation to find the right set for you. For now, here are all the available Strand Fragments.
- Thread of Mind – Defeating suspended targets grants class ability energy.
- Thread of Fury – Damaging targets with a Tangle grants melee energy.
- Thread of Ascent – Activating your grenade ability reloads your equipped weapon and grants bonus airborne effectiveness and handling for a short duration.
- Thread of Finality – Finisher final blows create Threadlings.
- Thread of Warding – Picking up an Orb of Power grants Woven Mail.
- Thread of Wisdom – Defeating suspended targets with precision final blows creates an Orb of Power.
- Thread of Rebirth – Strand weapon final blows have a chance to create a Threadling.
- Thread of Transmutation – While you have Woven Mail, weapon final blows create a Tangle.
- Thread of Propagation – Powered melee final blows grant your Strand weapons Unraveling Rounds.
- Thread of Evolution – Threadlings travel farther and deal additional damage.
- Thread of Isolation – Landing rapid precision hits emits a severing burst from the target.
- Thread of Binding – Super final blows emit a suspending burst from the target.
- Thread of Generation – Dealing damage generates grenade energy.
- Thread of Continuity – Suspend, unravel, and sever effects applied to targets have increased duration.
As you can see, there are plenty of Strand Fragments to choose from. And a lot of them actually play very well with each other. There are even a few that take advantage of the new Strand weapons, easily obtainable via the Terminal Overload event. But again, you’ll need to mess with the combination to find the best fit for you. For instance, if you like Woven Mail, you should pick Fragments that empower that ability.
But that about covers it for how you can unlock the Strand Fragments in Destiny 2. Be sure to check out our other guides on the Vex Incursion Zone and the nasty invisibility bug.
Destiny 2: Lightfall is available on Steam.