Late-game items in Remnant 2 arent really late-game items; they’re items you pick up at the end of your first run-through to use in your second. Completing the core storyline the first time is only the beginning of the adventure in Remnant 2; however, getting to that point will allow you to get your hands on the best gear. The Invader Archetype in Remnant 2 is one you pick up later in the game, but it’ll have you totally ready for round 2.
How to unlock the Invader Archetype in Remnant 2
As I mentioned, this is an item you will only be able to get once you have reached the final stages of your first playthrough. You will need to be able to access Root Earth to be able to get the Invader Archetype for use in Remnant 2. Begin by finding the Dreamcatcher Melee weapon.
Getting the Dreamcatcher
First, make sure you have rolled an adventure mode that starts you in Losomn inside the Morrow Parish. This will set you on the path for the Dreamcatcher and the Invader Archetype in Remnant 2.
Progress through the storyline until you reach the Sanitarium; here, you will need to find three carved statues that can be found in the upstairs office, to the left of the entrance outside, and one behind a bookshelf on the first floor. On the third floor, you will find the Prison Cell Key outside of the window on a balcony.
Head to the basement and give the woman in the furthest cell the three statues, and then open her cell door. Here you will find another carved statue. Use your Soulkey tribute picked up in the Nightweaver questline on the spiderweb in the prison basement.
Now you are in the alternate realm; you need to give your newly acquired statue to the new web that exists.
This will award you the Dreamcatcher that you need to continue on your quest for the Invader Archetype in Remnant 2.
Unlock the Invader Archetype
Now you have the Dreamcatcher, and it is time to head to Root Earth. This location holds the item you need to unlock the Invader Archetype in Remnant 2.
- Make your way through the Corrupted Harbor area of Root Earth until you reach the entrance to the huge ship.
- At the checkpoint, take a right and keep heading down until you reach a room full of pipes. Progress further through the bowels of the ship until you come to a huge open room with a creature surrounded by blue fog.
- Dispatch all the enemies; there will be a few elites and a lot of others, so be ready for a fight. Once this is done, approach the guy in the middle with your Dreamcatcher equipped to progress with your Invader Archetype quest in Remnant 2.
- Melee the blue guy to receive Walkers Dream. This is now in your inventory. Consume it to be transported to another realm.
- You will have to fight Bane in the same area you were just in. You will receive the Wooden Shiv for killing him. This can be brought to Wallace in Ward 13 to be turned into the Invader Archetype in Remnant 2.