There’s been a pretty steady feed of information about the upcoming Long War 2 mod for XCOM 2, which continues today with details about new missions. Previous information has covered the new Technical class and overhaul of the strategic layer.
Pavonis Interactive (formerly Long War Studios) are the people behind Long War 2. It still doesn’t have a specific release date, but you’d have to imagine that’s coming soon with the current amount of information being issued.
The new mission types coming in Long War 2 support the altered strategic layer (and vice versa). They also give Advent new abilities, such as infinite spawning of reinforcements during certain mission types. Here are summaries of the eight new mission additions, followed by a few images.
- Jailbreak – XCOM must infiltrate an ADVENT jail and rescue key Resistance members. Success increases the strength of the Resistance in that region.
- Haven Defense – A variation on Retaliation missions where XCOM must defend Resistance members against an onslaught of ADVENT forces until the Skyranger can get into position for extraction.
- ADVENT Base Assault – XCOM must deploy to and overtake a well-defended regional military headquarters.
- Invasion – ADVENT attempts to retake a liberated region by assaulting a city center. XCOM must destroy a psionic relay that summons continuous reinforcements, then eliminate any remaining forces.
- Rendezvous – A Faceless disguised as a member of the Resistance is detected as it goes to meet with its ADVENT handlers and XCOM must hunt it down.
- ADVENT Supply Raid – XCOM must defend a supply convoy and its Resistance personnel from ADVENT attacks.
- ADVENT Intel Raid – ADVENT attacks a Resistance listening post and XCOM must repel the attack.
- ADVENT Recruiting Raid – ADVENT forces attack Resistance recruiters within a region. XCOM must extract those Resistance members.