Interrogation is a nifty mechanic in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. It’s possible to beat the crap out of your opponents to the point that they’d hand over additional rewards. Here’s our Marvel’s Midnight Suns guide to help you Interrogate enemies.
Note: For more information, check out our Marvel’s Midnight Suns guides and features hub.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns guide – How to Interrogate enemies
If you want to use the Interrogate action in Marvel’s Midnight Suns, you’ll need the Truth Serum tech:
- Research Level 4
- Complete one Hero Op with Captain Marvel
- Spend Credits to build the STRIKE upgrade in the War Room
When you’re done with the above, there’s a chance that you’ll receive the Interrogate card in your hand during encounters in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. Here’s the gist:
- This applies to defeated Hydra and Cultist enemies. There’s but a chance that the card appears, so it’s not always guaranteed.
- The card has no Heroism cost, but it uses one Card Play. Since it’s a special action, it can’t be modified by other perks like Quick/Marked.
- There’s a small icon that appears over the body of the affected enemy. This represents the number of character actions that you can do, other than moving, before the target can no longer be interrogated. It’s like they passed out but you can’t even check their pockets for goods.
- Possible rewards include Credits, Essences, Blueprints, and Intel.
Is it worth interrogating your defeated foes in the game all the time? Probably not. Worse, you’re not always guaranteed to receive the type of resource that you want. At best, you could do the action to see the reward, then reload your in-mission save if you don’t like the result.
The only situation I recommend doing this is when you’ve got an optimal setup and you’ve cleared most hostiles in a single turn. If you still have remaining Card Plays, then this is a worthwhile option.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns is available via Steam.