If you are still a hardcore Minecraft fan, you’re sure to be excited about the following news. Mojang, the developer behind Minecraft, just announced a new spin-off. Minecraft: Dungeons just made its worldwide debut during MineCon. This new title is Mojang’s take on a dungeon crawler, with all the classic, blocky style for which their biggest game is known.
“But let’s get specific! What exactly is Minecraft: Dungeons? It’s an all-new action-adventure game inspired by classic dungeon crawlers, where you’ll constantly discover new weapons and items that will help you defeat a ruthless swarm of new-and-nasty mobs. You’ll fight or flee through canyons, swamps and – of course – mines!”
- Players can brave the dungeons alone, or team up with a friend
- This new action-adventure game is inspired by classic dungeon crawlers
- Discover new weapons and items that will help you defeat the ruthless swarm of new-and-nasty mobs
- Adventure through canyons, swamps, and mines
- Supports up to four players at once
- You’ll venture through “action-packed, treasure-stuffed, wildly varying levels”
- The goal is to head out on an epic quest to save the villagers and take down the evil Arch-Illager
Other Facts about Minecraft
Minecraft appeared on the scene back in 2011 on PC. The developers originally created it in just six days in 2009, before giving it another two years of development work. The game was also almost called “Cave Game”. Minecraft drew inspiration from other PC video games such as Dwarf Fortress, Dungeon Keeper, RollerCoaster Tycoon, and Infiniminer, according to the creator, Swedish programmer and designer Markus Persson.
It’s great to see Mojang coming up with new concepts and spin-offs to add to their already popular franchise. A dungeon crawler type adventure sounds perfect for fans of this series.
What do fans of Minecraft think of this latest announcement? Will you try it out? Let us know in the comments.
Mojang has slated Minecraft: Dungeons for release sometime in 2019. We will share more details as they come available right here on PC Invasion.