Tiel the Acolyte is an assassin, and you can expect to dodge and zip past your foes in Mortal Shell when you have this equipped. Here’s our guide to help you out.
Note: For more information, check out our Mortal Shell guides and features hub.
Mortal Shell: Tiel the Acolyte guide
Location: From Fallgrim Tower’s bell, head through the pathway shown in the image below.
You’ll reach a giant tree with a lot of bats. From here, make a left.
In the next area, head to the right and crawl down the tunnel.
There’s a miniboss here named Ven Noctivagu, a Gollum-like monster.
Watch out for its regular attacks because of poison damage. Also, it’ll periodically leap on your character to bite him — hardening will counter this. Once Ven Noctivagu is dead, you can claim Tiel the Acolyte.
Tiel the Acolyte has extremely low durability/HP and resolve. However, these flaws are offset by the ridiculously high stamina stat.
Skills and perks:
|Upgrade||Effect||Tar Cost||Glimpse Cost|
|Accretion of Endurance||Bonus damage when low on stamina||500||2|
|Accretion of Foresight||Will sometimes release a poison cloud on empowered riposte||500||2|
|Accretion of Ascent||20% chance to lose stamina instead of health when taking damage||1100||8|
|Accretion of Yearning||Taking poison damage heals you for the amount||1000||6|
|Accretion of Dominance||On killing an enemy, gain a buff that lets you poison enemies on hit; lose this buff when you’re hit||1100||8|
|Accretion of Inheritance||Hitting a poisoned enemy increases the chance that other passives will trigger||2500||15|
|Accretion of Resolve||Sprinting doesn’t consume stamina||3000||20|
|Recollection of Strength||Put enemies off-balance with a powerful kick||1000||6|
|Recollection of Knowledge||Use Harden in the air to create an AoE smash once you land; create a poison cloud if you hit an enemy after landing||2500||15|
|Recollection of Death||Regain “last chance” after defeating enough enemies||4000||25|
Tiel the Acolyte is probably the one I’ve used the most throughout my Mortal Shell playthroughs. That’s due to several reasons:
- The “vanish in smoke” dodge effect (seen above) has a faster animation compared to Harros’ or Solomon’s hopscotch routine.
- Higher stamina means being able to attack and dodge more often.
- Accretion of Resolve is great when you’re just traversing old locations or farming stuff.
- Accretion of Dominance and Inheritance synergize with each other due to the ability to poison enemies.
- Lastly, Accretion of Yearning is a godsend whenever you’re completing “Gland Runs” or while you’re exploring Fallgrim to find secret chests via the fog mechanic. Because the fog spawns lots of Gollum-like mobs (similar to Ven Noctivagu), their melee attacks can still damage you, but the poison effects will be nullified.
Note: Recollection of Knowledge is useless and should be your last pick.