Hairbrained Schemes have given their rogue-like dungeon crawler Necropolis a pretty significant overhaul today, with the release of version 1.1. You can tell it’s a major patch, because it’s even given the game a new subtitle Necropolis: Brutal Edition.
That name stems from the new, playable adventurer added by 1.1: The Brute. He’s a muscular chap with seven armour sets. Necropolis has also gained a new outdoor area called The Black Forest (not to be confused with the cake of the same name), and seven new enemies to test your combat prowess.
Weapons, traps, loot, and a whole bunch of other stuff is in there too. Here’s the full changelog for update 1.1:
- Added a new playable character, The Brute, with 7 unique armor sets including the fearsome Raider’s Garb which offers increased damage at some hefty costs.
- Added a new outdoor environment, The Black Forest, with 36 new modules!
- Added a new starting module to reduce the time needed to get back into the action.
- Added 7 more new enemies including the Bandit – watch it, he’ll steal your loot!
- Added 16 new weapons, with unique abilities such as the Arcane Shadow – a devastating maul that deals incredible amounts of damage, but its curse strips the player of most of their defenses, use at your own risk.
- Added new traps, the Necropolis wasn’t deadly enough so we added some spinning blades and even deadlier spike traps. The Black Forest has its own traps, too.
- Added 5 new consumable items (potions, scrolls, etc.) including the Multiplayer focused Resurrection scroll! All your fellow adventurers in danger and downed? Revive them from a safe distance!
- Added new loot! Recipes are now part of loot drops, you can find them throughout the Necropolis. Buying is now just one way to expand your potion and crafting potential!
- Improvements to blocking and shield bashing. Stamina costs for successful blocks has been reduced, as well as the threshold for shield breaks has been increased, meaning it will happen less often. Lastly, damage bleed through (in the event of shield break) has been lowered.
- General performance improvements
- Localized all text