Keen Games has released the latest update for their sandbox RPG Portal Knights.
This latest update adds more content including new characters, quests, items and overall improvements to the game. As well as the new content, there’s a Spring Festival event to celebrate Chinese New Year which runs until 5 March. In this event players have to help the Emperor “solve the mysterious troubles plaguing the island”. Rewards for this include panda and dragon pets and there’s a new themed island.
Highlights in this update include:
- New Warrior Guild: Filled with new NPCs, quests and items, players will be able to venture to Fort Finch and explore the legendary structure that once ruled the land. New items from merchants including water pumps and drains, a new drawbridge, potted plants and more offer players creative and fresh ways to build and design.
- New Dedicated Servers (PC Only): Players can now set up their own dedicated servers to continue the adventure online even when friends are offline.
- Dungeon Improvements: Courageous and brave players will be handsomely rewarded by discovering new treasure chests only available in the deepest, darkest corners of dungeons.
- Treasure and Adventure Porting: Players can bring NPCs back to their home world after completing quests, allowing players to transform their vacant islands into towns, pets included! Interact with furniture and fast forward through the dangerous perils of night by sleeping in a bed.
- Combat Improvements: More than 20 new weapons have been added across all classes, along with improvements to weapon crafting. Updates will also provide players with a new combat vignette, drop table improvements for enemies and a new backstab mechanic to deal even more damage when attacking foes from behind!
- Cloud Saving: Pick up and play on any PC with new cloud saving feature!
For a full list of Portal Knights game changes check the patch notes.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.