Prospekt, the Half Life inspired add-on from indie developer Richard Seabrook, will be released on Steam next month.
Seabrook has been working on this release for two years following approval from Valve on Greenlight. The game is a standalone release created in the Source Engine and continues the Half Life Opposing Force story, the expansion that was released back in 1999 by Gearbox, telling the Half Life 2 story from the perspective of the Marines.
Players take on the role of unsung hero Adrien Shepherd who’s sent in by Gordon’s Vortigaunt allies to fight and help Gordon who’s being held in Nova Prospekt.
Seabrook says it’s a “highly-polished and totally new addition to the Half-Life 2 universe” and it’s about the same length as Half Life 2: Episode 1.
With no sign of Half Life 3 ever appearing, this might satisfy the hunger for something new to play in the Half Life universe.
The game will release on 11 February priced at £6.75 .
- Substantial, highly-polished and totally new addition to the Half-Life 2 universe, comparable to Half-Life 2: Episode One in length
- Developed by one person, 25 year old Richard Seabrook
- Official Valve approval for Half-Life 2 license and assets
- Standalone PC game built using the Source engine – no requirement for Half-Life 2
- Continues the story of Opposing Force, Gearbox Software’s (Borderlands) update that tells the original Half-Life 2 story from the perspective of the Marines. Gordon
- Freeman is cornered and being overrun by soldiers in the Nova Prospekt prison; the player controls US Marine Adrian Shepherd – the unsung hero – as he’s teleported in by Freeman’s Vortigaunt allies to help fight back.
- 13 new levels featuring fully-scripted puzzles and action sequences, all carefully integrated into the Half-Life 2 story
- Substantial graphical updates over the original game, including but not limited to:
- New Textures
- New Models
- Updated high resolution combine soldier skins with improved normal mapping
- Updated high resolution textures
- Updated lighting
- Higher resolution models
- Increased cube mapping
- Over 20 new particle effects
- Modded HUD
- Modded VGUI
- New player model skin
- Return to Xen
- New voice acting
- New music
- New AI improvements, such as soldiers attempting to undo the player’s actions
Related to this article
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.