Sherlock Holmes Chapter One – The Gilded Cage (Finding Goliath and Conclusions)
Let’s talk about how we can find Goliath the elephant so we can conclude The Gilded Cage investigation in Sherlock Holmes Chapter One.
To find Goliath, we need to gather stuff that can lure it. Here’s what we need:
- Foghorn – You can find this in the storage room in Paul Perks’ Workshop.
- Fabric – You can find this in Arthur Swift’s tent next to the cloth dummies. You have to go to Mrs. Nini’s Atelier, the old lady from the Master of Disguise quest, and she’ll turn the fabric into an elephant balloon.
- Pheromones – If you already discovered Theodore’s “perfume” in his room, then you can check it via your casebook. Do a chemical analysis and follow the solution in the image below.
With our preparations complete, it’s time to head to Greek Bridge. Use various mating calls with the foghorn until Goliath shows up. Go back to the yard of Gilden Manor and check on the elephant.
Look at its cuts, tusks, and the dart on its body. Hmm, remember those darts that you found in Paul’s office and Arthur’s tent? It’s possible that Goliath trampled his owner, Theodore Gilden, because he went berserk from the dart’s chemicals.
Mind Palace: Making our conclusion
Check the Mind Palace panel and combine your findings. There are several suspects and possible outcomes here:
- Paul Perks is the killer – Maybe Paul finally had enough of Theodore Gilden’s threats?
- Arthur Swift is the killer – He wanted to continue his archeological study, but his old business partner would have none of it. Could he have resorted to murder?
- Goliath is the killer – We all know that Goliath did kill his owner. But, is there more to this than meets the eye?
If you accuse Paul or Arthur of drugging Goliath and causing the rampage, then you have an opportunity to see them arrested. Alternatively, you can blame Goliath which causes the animal to get executed. If you don’t want to accuse either Paul or Arthur, then you can talk to Imogen directly. You’ll either blame Goliath or protect the animal’s well-being.
Anyway, that does it for The Gilded Cage investigation in Sherlock Holmes Chapter One. Our next goal is to go back to Stonewood Manor. There, we’ll solve the Fragmented Memory in Violet Holmes’ bedroom.