Richard Garriot’s latest online RPG creation Shroud of the Avatar now has a free trial which runs for a few days.
The free trial version of the Early Access game, which has been in testing since 2014 on Steam, comes with a few limitations but should offer enough to give players an idea of what it’s ab0ut. The trial limitations are as follows:
- Free Trial Current Time Period: March 3 – March 9, 2017
- The term (Visitor) is appended to their character name
- Cannot give items to other players via Trade
- Cannot purchase nor sell items via Player Vendors nor Public Vendors
- No ownership of property nor use of lot signs
- Cannot interact with public chests.
- Cannot move/interact with items on a plot even if they are given permissions.
- Cannot flag as Open PVP
- Cannot gain nor do they create any ransom items when they kill or are killed in PVP (in Open PVP zones)
- Character data may be deleted after Free Trial period is over if character is not upgraded to a paid account
- Items purchased in the Add On Store cannot be accessed after the Free Trial Period is over unless you purchase Game Access
- Cannot play in Offline Mode
If all that sounds reasonable enough, then as long as you meet these system requirements, you’ll be good to go.
- OS: Windows 7 64 bit or newer
- Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 2.7 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX9 Compatible ATI Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA 8800 GT / Intel HD 4000 Integrated Graphics
- DirectX: Version 10
- Network: Broadband Internet connection (Not required for Offline Mode)
- Hard Drive: 22 GB available space
- Processor: Quad Core Processor 2.4GHz or faster
- Memory: 12 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX11 Compatible AMD Radeon R9 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
- Hard Drive: SSD
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.