Maxis has revealed details of what’s to be included in Update 6 for SimCity.
In this next round of fixes and enhancements they focus on RCI issues that have cropped up and also tackle the garbage UI. Some of these issues came about in the last patch but it’s good to see more of the game mechanics being tackled. Their main goal is to make Industrial matter and also provide better feedback to players on what they should be zoning in their cities
No new content this time, but with the survey being issued last night, more features should appear some time in the future. The Update 6 notes are as follows:
- New: RCI Tuning – Tuning to make Industrial needed more. Commercial buildings lose profit if they don’t have enough freight. The demand bars should feel like they inform the player what they should zone.
- New: RCI height variations for Density 3 Buildings. This will add more variety to the look of your cities.
- New: Borderless windowed mode setting.
- Fixes for some issues of the “out of money” problem or unexplained abandonment.
- Clarity around unfilled jobs and workers to make sure players are messaged that there may be an issue where workers cannot get to unfilled jobs.
- Residential and Commercial buildings are now more consistently in the same wealth in an area of a particular land value. Improves visually consistency.
- Help Wanted, no Shoppers, and No Jobs alerts have been added to the Zoning info panel as alerts.
- Data Layer: Greater map accuracy on the land value map. Residential and Commercial wealth colors added. Abandoned buildings show up red.
- Data Layer: Land Value map shows when placing parks.
- Fixed issue where RCI sometimes builds on roads.
- Fix performance slowdown in cities with more than one million tourists.
- UI Clarity: Show which city hall modules are already placed in the region on the palette UI.
- Garbage UI: fixed issue where garbage UI sometimes showed bins that had already been picked up.
- Gifting: Cash gifts will send to another city even if a player leaves the gifting city before seeing gift confirmation.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.