The Leviathans ‘story pack’ DLC for Stellaris will be available from 20 October, and priced at $10 USD. As a result, the accompanying free ‘Heinlein’ update will also be released on that date.
If you’ve been following the many and various developer diaries about both the DLC and Heinlein update, you’ll probably have a reasonable idea what to expect from those things. Leviathans will feature encounters with enigmatic space ‘Guardians’, trading and art commissioning at ancient Enclaves, as well as a potential ‘War in Heaven’ clash between two Fallen Empires.
Heinlein, meanwhile, will contain a number of changes, mechanical overhauls, and additions to the Stellaris formula. Here are some examples of what’s coming.
- A convenient Auto-Explore feature.
- Rally points for your freshly-assembled Navy.
- The Expansion Planner Interface.
- An overhaul of Strategic Resources.
- Clearer specialization/role for ship types.
- More options for customizing new galaxies.
- New smarter Sector Governors.