A passionately developed love letter to side scrolling platformers
Digital Tribe Games today announced its collaboration with Wonderfling Studios to launch their first game: a retro-inspired side-scrolling action platformer Terrian Saga: KR-17!
Launching this May on Steam, Terrian Saga: KR-17 will allow players to take control of a misfit military drone as it gains sentience and grows a conscious after being activated for war. Gamers will use an assortment of upgradable weapons including a laser, mines, grenades, and flame thrower along with their trusted friend and fellow sentient sidekick, J1M the guided missile. Players must fight their way through hordes of varying enemy robots while exploring intricate levels to uncover their mysterious past and uncovering the true enemy.
Voted one of IGN’s top 5 “must see” indie games at the Screwattack Gaming Convention, Terrian Saga: KR-17 celebrates the gameplay, aesthetics and memorable characters that once defined an industry. Focusing on solid controls, challenging and diverse level design, and an engrossing story, KR-17 is the first of four multi-genre chapters of the Terrian Saga.
- Adventure across 60 boards spread over 9 themed zones
- Test your mettle against 8 deadly bosses
- Fire and guide J1M to take out hard to reach enemies, blast open new passages and explore the levels
- Receive important updates and explore the relationship between KR-17 and J1M with in-level dialogue
- Collect Gears to purchase Weapon Upgrades at special posts hidden throughout the game
- Experience varied level design: play through non-linear levels that encourage and reward exploration, along with high intensity action platforming sequences
- Earn Steam Achievements that unlock alterations to your character
All the hardcore action of Terrian Saga: KR-17 will be available for Windows PC and Mac at launch in May on Steam and other major digital distribution channels.