Coldheart was the second relic I obtained while playing as a Sharpshooter in Torchlight III, and it quickly became another favorite. Again, because of the lag, the Coldheart relic’s crowd control (CC) effects became invaluable.
The knockback from the Glacier skill and other freezing debuffs definitely helped keep most enemies at bay. Likewise, I tend to use Glacier in conjunction with other Sharpshooter CC skills or debuffs like Rizzi’s Fate to increase the potency of my attacks.
Main ability: Cold Front – Casts a snowstorm around you for 8 seconds, freezing enemies on contact for 4 seconds; +50% chance to chill and 20% chance to freeze; +5% damage buff for all allies within range.
- Chill Out – Increased chance to freeze while Cold Front is active.
- Frailty – Always critically hit frozen enemies; increased critical hit damage per rank-up.
Active skill: Glacier – Knocks back enemies and chills them for 2 seconds; does 75% weapon damage; acts as an obstacle for 6 seconds until it melts. Glacier can only push back normal and elite mobs, not bosses. However, it becomes extremely useful when trying to wall off enemies as they spawn from entranceways.
- Edged Surface – Increases Glacier’s damage.
- Quick Frost – Reduces Glacier’s cooldown by 5% per rank-up.
Passive 1: Freezing Touch – Enemies that hit you have a chance to become frozen.
- Thicker Ice – Enemies are frozen for a longer period.
- Cold Snap – Increased chance to freeze enemies that hit you.
Passive 2: Ice Golem – 15% chance to summon an Ice Golem when killing a chilled enemy; the Ice Golem lasts for 20 seconds.
- Slow to Thaw – Increases the lifespan of the Ice Golem.
- Golem Chance- Increases the chance that you’ll summon an Ice Golem.
Passive 3: Ice Age – Coldheart relic activation causes icicles to drop around you, causing 40% weapon damage.
It’s A Song of Ice and Fire because it’s time to talk about the Flaming Destroyer relic.