Behold the awesome power of the God-President Ronald Reagan! This statue is what The Gippers faction worships. The faction’s figureheads are the “Nancys” — the “wives” of Ronald Reagan.
If you speak Mother Nancy Reliance — Kiss Ass 4 helps too — she’ll tell you to follow her inside the Western White House.
Western White House: Sidequests and interactions
- Sister Glory (zone entrance) — She asks for your help in defeating the Godfishers. You’ll need to attack and demolish three of their camps in the outskirts. You’ll get a Reagan Statue decoration for the Kodiak (more on this later).
- Bill (main hall) — If you tell him to go look for his mother, you’ll find his hat next to a pile of corpses in Union Station.
- The Wyman (western room) — Sells medical items, and has a sidequest for you to learn more about how the Machine Commune heals humans (more on this later). The front-facing hall before you reach her room has a container that has the Cruel Cory creepy doll.
- Sister Nancy Forge (southeast section). She sells a lot of stuff, including the Chemtek Armor. If you use Weapon Modding 4, followed by Nerd Stuff 5 or Weapon Modding 5, you’ll get a freebie such as the Neutron Projector weapon. There’s also a toaster nearby (Toaster Repair 5) which has, err, a toast.
- Valor Buchanan (basement) — He wants you to upgrade the Reagan statue’s defenses.
The basement/control center houses the Ronald Reagan AI. Oh, and Valor Buchanan is also here.
Mother Nancy Reliance tells you that the goal is to obtain the Cybernetic Transfer Module from the Machine Commune. The Gippers will then use it to transfer the Reagan AI’s consciousness to a human host. If you succeed, Valor Buchanan will go quietly and the oil will once again be supplied to Colorado Springs.
You can converse with Mother Nancy Reliance about a few subjects — using Kiss Ass 4 or Nerd Stuff 6 — and she’ll reveal how she facilitated the creation of the AI.
You could also play StarStationWars.exe via the nearby computer, and Reliance will admonish you for that. However, a few clicks later, you’ll realize that she’s actually quite a gamer.
After speaking with Valor Buchanan to learn about his sidequest, you have the option to arrest him (which leads to a firefight against The Gippers).
The Godfisher Camp
Let’s say you’re on The Gippers’ good side for now. Let’s go ahead and visit the Godfisher camps in Denver’s outskirts. There are dozens of them, and it’s going to be a slog to eliminate them all (if you’re doing Sister Glory’s sidequest).
Still, if you’ve yet to battle them, you can speak with Flensing-Ice. You’ll find out that the Godfishers are a gang/apocalyptic cult. They believe that dismembering their victims and attaching their torsos to “flesh kites” will bring the blessings of the skies and rain. Yep…
Anyway, Flensing-Ice wants you to sabotage the Reagan statue’s terminals — the opposite of what Valor Buchanan wants you to do — which will allow them to attack The Gippers.
There’s also a cavern behind Flensing-Ice’s location. You’ll find a corpse and a chest that has the LAW rocket launcher.
Now, it’s time to go to the Machine Commune.