A new Steam page for Ghostlight’s PC version of Way of the Samurai 4 has wandered into town, offering the locals hope that this game will be available in January. The Way of the Samurai series hasn’t appeared on PC before, but they tend to offer short(ish,) replayable branching storylines in an open town.
According to the summary of Way of the Samurai 4, this one is the port town of Amihama during the mid-19th Century. It’s post “cultural-isolation” for Japan, and European influence has crept into some of the districts. Three factions have emerged: the shogunate pro-government, nationalistic isolationists and the foreign settlers.
You play as the masterless Samurai, deciding who to support and what outfit to wear today. Expect the following:
• Branching storylines with multiple endings
• Dynamic combat system
• Vast array of melee and gunpowder weaponry
• Extensive character customization
• Key event decision making
• Sword collecting
• Original Japanese voiceover with English subtitles
• Bonus downloadable content
And, for the PC edition:
• Improved user interface with both gamepad and keyboard support
• 8 stunning Steam Trading Cards to collect!
• Steam Achievements
• Cloud Saves
Not much mention of graphics tweaks there, but I do know that Ghostlight have confirmed support for “a number of resolutions” (in the comments beneath this blog piece,) so that much should be fine. The screenshots on Steam appear to be from the PC release, too.
You can also find the recommended specs on the game’s page, which look like this:
- OS: Windows 7 or later
- Processor: 3GHz Intel i3 or equivalent
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card with 128Mb RAM and support for v3 shaders
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 7 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Here’s a PC-oriented trailer too.