The first of what players will probably be hoping are several patches for XCOM 2 has been released today, aimed at “hotfixing” some of the more egregious crashing and frame-rate problems.
In Firaxis’ own words, “This update fixes issues causing known crashes and includes some performance improvements. Saves affected by the crashes detailed below can be recovered and continued after installing the update.”
Further XCOM 2 updates are promised “over the coming months”
Here’s what’s been addressed as a matter of priority.
XCOM 2 Patch Notes:
- Player is unable to progress to scan in the Geoscape after completing the Resistance Communications research via Tutorial – This will fix previously affected saves.
- Unable to load saves with a Chryssalid Cocoon – This will fix the issue, and for previously affected saves.
- Adjustments were made to Texture Streaming to assist with periodic frame spikes.
- Using the preview voice button for a modded voice pack will no longer crash the game when in the armory.
- Removed 8x MSAA from default Max settings.