Firaxis will now let you play XCOM 2 on your PC with a controller from today.
There can be only one reason to add this and that’s so you can play it on your TV without a keyboard and mouse. I can’t think of any other reason for adding this. This patch 7 update also comes with a few fixes and it’s available now on Steam
- Adds traditional (non-Steam Controller) controller support to the PC
- Fix config/upk file issues that prevent full conversion mods from being possible on the Steam Workshop and also allow mods to have Bink files.
- In Alien Hunters, the “Ruler Reaction” notification will stay on the screen after a unit fires at the Archon King while he is using Icarus Drop during combat.
- SPARKS cannot be healed by Medikits
- Additional minor bug fixes
The controller layout looks like this…