22Cans have revealed that the 1.3 patch for Godus will be coming out soon, and all indications are that it’ll be addressing a lot of the problems users have with the game. Or, well, a lot of the problems I have with the game.
Of “most” importance, I suppose, is that it will add the Bronze Age. This will throw in 12 more civilization advances for you to get your hands on. There’ll also be eight new Resource cards, eight new God cards, more chests, more unlocks, and the like.
Godus 1.3 will also see the addition of farming, and a farmer Follower who can raise crops outside of your settlements and use them to grow your civilisation. Crops grow better on fertile land, so this will hopefully factor a bit more strategy into where and when you build your settlements. A weather system will also be added, which doesn’t seem like it’ll have much to do with farming but will have something to do with lightning wrecking your towns.
But I mentioned in the headline that this may make Godus less rubbish, so: 22Cans are promising that this update will change how and when you can sprog Followers from abodes (or, in English, when you can make extra people leave home to start their own houses), how Belief is generated, how you gather resources, and it’ll also change the landscape. God Powers are being changed, Collectible Cards are changing, and treasure chests and “clicking” are changing. In short: the entire game appears to be getting a rebalance.
I’m not quite sure how the mass clicking is changing, as the tentative patch notes don’t list any such thing. It’s noted that you now sprog Followers from centralised settlements rather than individual abodes, and that you can only sprog Followers from abodes when there’s a totem or an available plot of land within reach, so I guess that limits some of the clicking. It also states that abodes in settlements will now have second floors, adding to their housing capacity and belief generation… so I guess maybe you just have to click on every single house half as often? Hmm.
The patch notes (which are tentative, and subject to change) are below. As for the patch date itself, 22Cans reckon it’s basically finished but is causing issues with save games, so they’ve decided to “spend the next 48 hours” playing the game to ensure it all works wonderfully. Whether or not 48 hours is an example or an actual timeframe remains a mystery.
- Enter the Bronze Age and era of agriculture
- 12 New Bronze age advances including Farming, Politics and Cartography.
- 8 New Resource cards to collect
- 8 New God Cards to collect
- New unlocks to increase your Area of Influence, speed up followers and cheaper settlements
- Unlock a new Farmer Follower and grow your civilisation through agriculture
- Farmers will grow crops outside of settlements for the population
- Crops are gathered to feed your population and advance your civilisation
- Choose the most fertile and efficient land for your crops
- Dynamic weather system where lightning storms will bombard your Homeworld, damaging Abodes not in a settlement
- Sprogging centralised within settlements rather than on individual Abodes
- Sprogging from Abodes only available when the Follower can travel to an available plot or Totem
- Abodes inside a settlement now have second stories (floors) allowing greater capacity and belief.
- Over 60 new chests added to Homeworld
- Entirely rebalanced multiplayer Armageddon mode
- New scrapbook hints
- Felt tents no longer produce belief and instead house more Followers and have faster Follower generation (breeding)
- Faster info bubbles
- New God Power icons
- Followers share their thoughts and needs via Prayers