Ark: Survival Evolved mod Ark: Survival of the Fittest has launched as a free to play standalone release on Steam.
Studios Wildcard has launched Ark: Survival of the Fittest as a MOSA (multiplayer online survival arena) game which pits as many as 72 players against each other in Hunger Games style inside a closed “continually shrinking ring of death”.
“Following the success of the tournaments we hosted last fall, we saw valuable community feedback about other competitive features they wanted to see implemented,” said Jesse Rapczak, co-founder, co-creative director, Studio Wildcard. “Now with shorter matches, four new game modes, rapid dino taming and more, we felt it was time to let people come in to test it for themselves. Not only can you play for free, but we’re offering cash prizes for the top players in each Survivor League, so ARK survivors can potentially start playing their favorite game professionally!”
The game has been built for what they are calling “the burgeoning wild west of eSports ” where players can form one to six person Tribes on unofficial or ranked servers. Players will start in the forest and the plan is to release new environments over time as the game progresses.
Ark: Survival of the Fittest is available to play right now for free.
Ark: Survival of the Fittest Launches Key Features
- Free, action-packed core survival gameplay
- 30+ creatures to tame and ride at Early Access start, many more planned at full launch
- Multiple game modes (1v1, 2v2, 4v4, and 6v6)
- One-to-six player tribes
- Variable game configurations ranging from 30-minute â€œinstant actionâ€ to three-hour long â€œepic warsâ€
- Top-ranked players are listed dynamically on SurviveTheArk.com, as well as provided monthly prize packages!
- Game-changing tameable super creatures (Dragon, Giant Ape, Brood Mother)
- Random â€œEvolution Eventsâ€
- Arsenal of weapons, traps, armor, structures and other items from primitive to modern tech tiers
- Robust ranking, tournament and spectator features
- Exclusive SotF cosmetic items that can also be used in ARK: Survival Evolved
- Custom-painted War Banners enable tribes to show off their team spirit on flags across their army of dinosaurs, and are also broadcast on the gigantic billboards during game events. Just donâ€™t draw anything offensive!
- A custom soundtrack written by award-winning composer Gareth Coker of Ori and the Blind Forest!
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.