At the start of Diablo 4 Season 3, most players were underwhelmed by the Seneschal Companion and annoyed by the Vaults. But since Blizzard introduced patches for the Diablo 4 Vaults, players are having fun again.
Ever since Blizzard swiftly launched the 1.3.0a patch, most players have found that Blizzard fixed many of their gripes and issues.
Diablo 4 players are happy with the changes to the Vaults in Version 1.3.0a
In just the span of a few days, since Season 3 of Diablo 4 launched, Blizzard quickly managed to hotfix many of the issues players were complaining about online about the Vaults. Unfortunately, there was a lot of uproar online from fans who were disappointed and annoyed by how the traps inside Vaults were punishing, or how the knockback from Braziers was infuriating.
Now Blizzard has introduced patches for the Diablo 4 Vaults, among other Season 3 things, and most players are having fun again. While there were a few changes to the Seneschal Companion, which players were also pretty underwhelmed by, most of the issues were with the Vaults themselves. Here’s everything that Blizzard introduced with Version 1.3.0a that had to do with Vaults and Arcane Tremors:
- Consuming a Pearl of Warding at a Statue of Zoltun Kulle now grants 10 stacks of Zoltun’s Warding, instead of 3.
- The max stacks of Zoltun’s Warding has been increased from 300 to 999.
- The grace period for losing stacks of Zoltun’s Warding when being hit by multiple traps at once has been increased from 1 second to 1.5 seconds. (Ex: If 3 darts hit you in the span of 1.5 seconds, you’ll only lose one stack instead of three).
- Heralds of Malphas now guaranteed a Legendary item drop starting at Level 26, with a 15% chance to drop a second Legendary item.
- Knockback has been removed from all Obelisk Hazards.
- Chests will now appear after completing a Vault’s ending encounter. These new chests will drop a guaranteed Legendary item starting from level 26+, with a 35% chance to drop another Legendary item.
- The projectile speed from Elemental Dart hazards has been reduced by 20%.
- The hitbox for floor-based Elemental Grate and Spike hazards have been reduced by roughly 15%.
- The spout hitbox for Elemental Pillars has been reduced by roughly 15%.
As you can see, Blizzard made it a lot easier to add stacks of Zoltun’s Warding so players weren’t so nervous about losing stacks of this blessing from traps. Players online were complaining that the traps weren’t fun, just punishing. There was also a change that introduced a guaranteed Legendary item by the end of a Vault run, making it more enticing to play them.
This Reddit post with over 300 upvotes shows that many Diablo 4 gamers are having fun since the new update. A plethora of the replies agree, saying that they’re glad that Blizzard acted so fast with the hotfix, introducing the patch within three days of the Season’s launch. You may not be a huge fan of your Seneschal Companion, but at least you can pet it.