More changes to DOTA 2 are available so make sure you read the following notes below.
The changes focus on the shop and the hero control console. The shop interface brings the item grid to the right with popular item highlighted in the grid, and hero guides are on the left. Players also have a row of global customisable pinned items for quicker access to preferred items.
The Hero Control Console comes with changes and hero attributes will always be visible showing base and bonus values for damage, armor, and attributes. HP and Mana bars have also had their size increased, increase area for multi-unit selection and there are scalable multi-unit icons.
Learn Ability mode can also be activated with a hotkey and likewise for the Hero Talent Tree when selecting the left or right Talent Branch.
This is just what DOTA 2 players need, more stuff to get to grips with.
- Shop UI has been reworked
- Popular Items are now generated automatically per hero based on the top 12 items from players with 5k mmr and above from the most recent two weeks of games
- Popular Items are now highlighted on the item grid directly
- Shop item grid is now shown on the right side with guides extending to the left
- A global customizable Pinned Items section has been added to the shop. This section can be used to customize the shop to the items you use most frequently and are not tied to the currently selected hero.
- Restored the optional ability to bring up learn mode with a hotkey, allowing for a two stage input for leveling abilities
- Added a hotkey for opening the talent tree UI (your old key used for leveling attributes). While the talent tree UI is open, the hotkeys 1 and 2 can be used to select the left or right branch.
- Increased area used for multiunit selection UI and improved readability
- Multiunit selection icons now scale dynamically based on the number of units there are. They do not change size once a selection is made.
- Adjusted Hero HUD layout
- Attribute bonuses now show up permanently on the screen
- Base values for damage, armor, strength, agility and intelligence are now displayed alongside the bonus values (rather than being totaled)
- HP/Mana Bars are now slightly bigger
- Added Guide support for Talent Trees
- Fixed unpublished guides (that were in your cloud) not showing up in your Guide browser
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.