Dying Light 2: Bloody Ties has a fairly short main quest. Your journey will eventually culminate in a bout against your nemesis. Here’s our Dying Light 2: Bloody Ties final boss guide to help you defeat Skullface so you can become the Carnage Hall champion.
Note: For more information, check out our Dying Light 2 guides and features hub. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide contains spoilers.
Dying Light 2: Bloody Ties Skullface final boss guide
Road to Perdition and important decisions
Before we tackle the Skullface final boss fight in Dying Light 2: Bloody Ties, let’s discuss how we’ll get to that point in the first place. For one thing, you’ll need to complete challenges and increase your fame rank. This lets you progress further in the Road to Perdition main quest.
Upon reaching Rank 6, the objective changes to mention the Challenger Fight. If you proceed, this will cause the Abel sidequest to disappear. Moreover, you’ll battle a spear-wielding combatant. It’s then revealed that this person is none other than Ciro.
You’ve got a couple of decisions to make:
- Let Ciro win by forfeiting the fight.
- Kill Ciro to climb the ranks.
If you want to let Ciro win, don’t attack him and just let him beat you up. Soon, another dilemma will appear:
- Spare Ciro and abandon the tournament.
- Kill Ciro to move to the final fight.
If you spare Ciro, the two of you will be knocked out and carried off by guards. However, it’s revealed that one of the guards was Ogar was in disguise, and you’ll end up in the subway. This completes the Road to Perdition main quest.
The Show Must Go On
Up next, you’ll automatically receive a quest called The Show Must Go On. When you’re ready, make your way back to Carnage Hall. The guards will escort you to the arena, where combat will commence after a cutscene.
Here, you’ll fight against four champions, each wielding a massive weapon. Thankfully, some prisoners will show up to assist you. They can distract your opponents while you stab and whack them when they least expect it.
After eliminating the four champions, Astrid will show up. She provides you with the concoction that Skullface used, the one that you discovered during the Gilded Cage sidequest.
You can accept this item and use it during the next bout, causing the infected to ignore you. Alternatively, you can tell her to buzz off.
Skullface final boss fight
When you’re done with that conversation, Skullface will make his entrance. The Skullface final boss fight in Dying Light 2: Bloody Ties has a couple of phases. Here are your opponent’s notable attacks/moves:
- Katana Combo – Skullface does several slashes with his katana. These are blindingly fast, so make sure you dodge and strike only when you have a clear opening.
- Roundhouse Kick – Don’t get too comfy, because the boss can send you flying with a kick.
- Lightning Zap – Your foe will fire three electric projectiles in quick succession.
- Lightning Arc – When he pulls his arm back, you can expect an electric shockwave that travels along the ground.
- Blowtorch – The boss will spew fire while attempting to track your movements.
Here are some additional tidbits:
- Infected Runners – When Skullface’s health is below 50%, the infected will start appearing. There are only half a dozen of them, but they can and will distract you. My suggestion is to climb up one of the platforms so you can bash them as they try to reach you. After a few seconds pass, they’ll magically die, too.
- Phase Transition – With the boss’ health down to a sliver, a cutscene will play. A brute mob will show up, but Ciro will end up stabbing it. Unfortunately, he gets knocked out. This leads to the second phase of the fight, which means your opponent will replenish his health bar.
- Poison Nova – This is done during the second phase. It’s basically a poison cloud AoE that you need to avoid at all costs. The previous abilities/moves are still retained, though the infected won’t show up anymore.
Another important decision
With a bit of luck, you’ll be able to defeat Skullface in Dying Light 2: Bloody Ties. He’ll make things right at the end, and he’ll offer his own mask. You’ve got one more choice to make:
- I am the Champion – The Champion’s Skull helmet will be in your possession.
- Ciro should wear this mask – Looks like Ciro’s journey is complete.
When you’re done with everything, you’ll end up back in your room in Carnage Hall. Since you’re the tournament champion, you can replay additional challenges to earn extra tokens. Moreover, you’ll receive the Carnage Manica, a new tool/accessory that you can use against hostiles.