The Escapists 2 has released a new, free level alongside another patch for the prison escapology game. In ‘Santa’s Shakedown’ you’ll be figuring out how to free yourself from a snow-laden jail during the festive period.
Looks like the Warden has an obsession with putting on a Christmas pantomime. The former sports hall has been converted into a theatre, and there are costumes everywhere. I’d say that pantomime horse looks rather promising for somebody hoping to secure their freedom. See more of Santa’s Shakedown in the trailer, below.
As mentioned, The Escapists 2 has also been patched today. Full notes are below as well.
Update 1.1.3 patch notes
– Fixed a glitch causing graphic and audio issues when quitting the game as a local player with the map open.
– Fixed a glitch causing a soft lock when adding a local player to the game with the map open
– Fixed an issue causing players icons on the mini map to be visible in versus, even if they are hidden in a locker
– Fixed an issue causing the player’s character to change to a default customisation when loading an existing save with a custom character after a save upgrade
– Fixed an issue preventing the player’s character from starting with lower stats when the prison difficulty was set to Hard
– Fixed an issue causing the animations to become stuck when interacting with the map while they’re being triggered
– Fixed an issue whereby the items obtained through the Delivery Driver quest weren’t always food-related
– Fixed a graphic issue with the smoke on the Cougar Creek Railroad level
– Fixed an issue causing the UI to display the same button icon for different actions
– Now the escape time in coop is the same for the entire team
– Fixed an issue causing the countdown to stop when 2 players are tabbed out
– Fixed an issue in the Editor causing the Fitness Gym Equipment UI to layer underneath walls
– Fixed an issue in the Editor to limit the amount of guard towers available for one level
– Fixed an issue in the Editor preventing a prison to work if all the rooms were placed in the bottom right corner
– Fixed an issue in the Editor causing the Guard Cells button to remain greyed out even after removing some of them
– Fixed an issue in the Editor causing the players’ character to become invisible when studying in Social Rooms A and B
– Fixed an issue in the Editor causing the map to display some corridors incorrectly
– Various performance Improvements
– Other various bug fixes