Epic will be rolling out the Fortnite 1.8.2 patch tomorrow (Wednesday 6 November) and it comes with the rather dastardly Bush.
The Bush is new consumable camouflage with Legendary rarity that allows players to hide in plain sight. The Bush is a one-time use item that is destroyed if a player takes damage from another player or the storm. Expect lots of players to be running around shooting at bushes from tomorrow.
The Season shop also comes with new items including gliders, outfits and a new pickaxe. General Fortnite fixes added in this update focus on client crashes, there are weapon tweaks again, and most importantly performance improvement measures.
Fortnite Patch v1.8.2 notes
- Fixed several localization issues.
- Fixed several client crashes.
- Adjusted Shotgun falloff damage.
- 100% damage up to 7.68 meters
- 70% damage at 18 meters
- 20% at 30 meters
- 0% at 41 meters
- Reduced transition speed from hip-fire to targeting mode after unintentionally increasing it in a previous update.
- It previously took 0.25 seconds to raise and lower weapons.
- It now takes 0.4 seconds to raise weapons and 0.45 seconds to lower weapons.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in weapons not having ammo when picked up.
- Fixed a recoil bug which made aiming upwards faster than aiming downwards while firing.
- Added a scroll bar for the daily challenge list so that the “Collect Rewards” button is no longer pushed off screen when five or more challenges are displayed.
- The loading screen no longer displays “Solo” when entering or leaving a Squad match.
- You can now repair structures while in build mode using the “Combat Pro” configuration.
- Hold the right thumbstick down to repair.
- The Right Trigger label (“RT”) on the controller layout image is now assigned to the correct button.
- Optimized shadow rendering to improve overall performance.
- Optimized visibility calculations for objects to improve rendering performance.
- Made improvements to foliage rendering affecting CPU and GPU performance.
- Reduced in-game hitches by preloading additional assets in the matchmaking lobby instead of mid-match.
- Resolved multi-second hitching and freezing on consoles.
- Fixed a few issues that unintentionally awarded players with completed challenges.
SAVE THE WORLD
- Added a “Play Now” button to the Fortnitemares event page.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the weak point from appearing while harvesting resources.
- Fixed an issue which blocked the ShadowShard evolution choice from the Gravedigger rifle.
- Fixed an issue which caused the chat window to block the “View Event” button in the menus.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Ceiling Drop Trap and Ice Floor Trap to display Star level one on the schematic even when upgraded to level two or higher.
- Fixed an issue which prevented Ramirez’s ponytail from showing.
- Fixed several cases of subtitles not matching the corresponding voice lines.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.