Epic will be releasing the Fortnite V.1.9.1 tomorrow (29 November) and there are a few changes and updates for both Battle Royale and Save the World modes.
Epic has now decided to modify the Rocket Launcher to facilitate rocket riding which was discovered by players a few weeks ago. Bushes are also being moved around and hitching has been reduced.
The smoke grenade has been added to Battle Royale which is a non-lethal grenade that obscures vision. It appears in containers and random floor loot. Two new leaderboards have also been added, the Global Wins and Score for experience gained tracking.
Save the World gets nine new weapons and Mutant storms are also returning.
Fortnite Battle Royale Patch Notes
- Per Playlist Loot
- Duo Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to14.
- Squad Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to 18.
- These changes now apply to medium ammo stacks that are found outside of crates and ammo cans.
- The original Rocket Launcher has replaced the Pumpkin Launcher.
- Due to overwhelming popular demand, we have modified the normal Rocket Launcher to support rocket riding.
- The “Outlive” Daily Challenge will no longer count members of your own team.
- Players no longer take fall damage when jumping onto a Launch Pad from high elevations.
- Fixed an issue which caused the incorrect animation to play when bouncing on consecutive Launch Pads.
- Fixed the firing and reloading animations for the new Silenced SMG.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to take fall damage when getting knocked out of skydive mode (after using a Launch Pad).
- Fixed an incorrect animation that would play when being eliminated while using a Launch Pad.
- Players will now receive a pop-up confirmation before leaving a match if they accept an invite from a teammate that left the same match.
- Updated “Gamepad” to “Wireless Controller” and “Controller” in the menus.
- Daily challenges no longer automatically collect when accepting an invite.
- Fixed a few localization issues in the Season Shop.
- Rich presence is now properly localized in all languages on all platforms.
- Changing an item in your locker while servers are down will no longer soft-lock the game client.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from navigating the locker tab after they canceled a submenu.
- Environmental bush locations have been changed across the world.
- Bushes will no longer be in different locations on different platforms.
- Reduced hitching by pre-loading additional assets during the loading screen instead of mid-game.
- The “Invite” button on the “Party Finder” may only be pressed once per 2 seconds to prevent accidental friend invite spam.
Fortnite Save the World Notes
- Mutant Storms
- The Fortnitemares event has ended and Mutant Storms have returned!
- For every 500 unspent Halloween tickets you will receive a Halloween llama, available in the loot tab.
- Fight the storm and earn tickets from missions up to 10 times per day.
- New Event Quests specific to Mutant Storms have been added.
- Vindertech Weapons
- Pulsar – Accurate burst assault rifle.
- Burster – Pistol that fires powerful 3-shot bursts.
- Blazer – Rapid-fire machine pistol.
- Disintegrator – Shotgun that fires balls of plasma.
- Jolter – Energy sniper rifle.
- Blaster – Powerful scoped heavy pistol.
- Slammer – High-speed rocket hammer.
- Sever – Light energy axe with a fast attack speed.
- Slicer – Medium energy sword.
- Players can loot these weapons from event quests and event llamas.
- The amount of Storm Tickets given out by Mutant Storms will now be consistent across all hexes of the same difficulty level.
- Updated the Zapper pistol projectile to no longer inherit the velocity of the character wielding it.
- This weapon is now more reliable and accurate.
- Fixed an issue which caused some of green hexes to not award XP.
- Updated Rocket Hammer descriptions to be consistent across all rarities and tiers.
- Improved controller navigation in the Options menu.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Ninja icons to be tiny.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when closing the game.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.