Genshin Impact: Aloy’s talent priorities and passives
Let’s talk about Aloy’s build based on her talent priorities and passives.
Normal Attack: Rapid Fire – This determines the damage dealt by Aloy’s normal, charged, and plunging attacks.
Frozen Wilds (elemental skill) – There are a couple of facets to take note of here:
- Freeze Bomb – This is the initial animation where Aloy tosses an explosive that deals Cryo damage and decreases a target’s ATK.
- Chillwater Bomblet – The Freeze Bomb will detonate and create Chillwater Bomblets. Similar to the Freeze Bomb, these will also deal Cryo damage and decrease an opponent’s ATK.
- Coil – When a Freeze Bomb or Chillwater Bomblet hits an enemy, Aloy gains a Coil stack. Each stack increases Aloy’s ATK for six seconds.
- Rushing Ice – When Aloy manages to reach four Coil stacks, she’ll enter the Rushing Ice state. This lasts for 10 seconds. During this period, Aloy’s normal attacks are infused with Cryo and their damage is greatly boosted, too. Rushing Ice gets cleared 30 seconds after Aloy leaves the field.
Prophecies of Dawn (elemental burst) – Aloy throws a power cell, then fires her arrow to detonate it, causing AoE Cryo damage. The burst has a 12-second cooldown.
Note: Leveling up Aloy’s talents cost Freedom booklets (from the Forsaken Rift domain every Monday, Thursday, and Sunday). She also requires the Spectral Husk/Heart/Nucleus items which are dropped by Specters found on the new islands in Inazuma. Finally, reaching higher levels of her talents requires the new Molten Moment material dropped by La Signora. This item is also used by the Raiden Shogun.
- Easy Does It – When Aloy is in your party, animals that drop fowl, raw meat, and chilled meat won’t get startled if you get too close.
- Combat Override – +16% ATK for Aloy and +8% ATK for party members for 10 seconds after Aloy receives a Coil stack from her elemental skill usage.
- Strong Strike – +3.5% Cryo damage every one second while the Rushing Ice state is active. You can gain a maximum of 35% Cryo damage in this manner.
Note: Oddly enough, datamined information does not show any constellations for Aloy. This might be because she’s a promotional character and it’s unlikely that you’ll obtain new copies of her. However, it’s also possible that miHoYo is withholding this feature until version 2.2 when all platforms will have access to her.
All right, let’s go to the next part of our Genshin Impact Aloy guide to talk about the best weapon options for her.