Genshin Impact: The best artifacts for Aloy – Blizzard Strayer vs. Shimenawa’s Reminisce vs. other options
Let’s discuss the best artifacts in Genshin Impact for Aloy.
4-piece Blizzard Strayer:
- 2-piece set bonus: +15% Cryo damage bonus.
- 4-piece set bonus: +20% crit rate when your character attacks an opponent affected by Cryo; if the opponent is frozen, your crit rate is increased by an additional 20%.
You really can’t go wrong with the usual 4-piece Blizzard Strayer artifact set for Aloy. Considering how you’re ever-reliant on Cryo damage, the 2-piece bonus helps you there. Then, the 4-piece effect adds icing (pun intended) on the cake due to the increased crit rate. Go ahead and farm for good rolls in the Peak of Vindagnyr domain.
4-piece Shimenawa’s Reminisce:
- 2-piece bonus – +18% ATK.
- 4-piece bonus – When casting an elemental skill, if Yoimiya has 15 or more energy, she’ll lose 15 energy to boost her normal, charged, and plunging attack damage by 50% for 10 seconds.
The Shimenawa’s Reminisce comes from the Momiji-Dyed Court domain. It tends to be good when equipped by Yoimiya. However, because Aloy’s playstyle is somewhat similar to Yoimiya’s (i.e., use the elemental skill and enter a state where normal attacks are boosted), there’s a lot of synergies offered here. Furthermore, the artifact set complements the usage of the Thundering Pulse bow.
2-piece Blizzard Strayer and 2-piece Noblesse Oblige or 2-piece Gladiator’s Finale/Shimenawa’s Reminisce:
For this one, we’ll simply go with either:
- +20% elemental burst damage from Noblesse Oblige (if you leveled up Aloy’s Prophecies of Dawn talent).
- +18% ATK from Gladiator’s/Shimenawa’s (for straight-up DPS throughput).
Here are the ideal artifact rolls for Aloy:
- Main stats – Crit rate or crit damage for the circlet; ATK% for the sands; Cryo damage for the goblet.
- Sub-stats – Crit rate/crit damage and ATK%.
In any case, let’s go to the next part of our Genshin Impact Aloy guide to talk about her character ascension materials.