Genshin Impact Ayato guide – Talent priorities and passives
Let’s talk about Ayato’s build in Genshin Impact based on his talent priorities and passives.
Normal Attack: Kamisato Art – Marobashi – These increase the damage of Ayato’s normal, charged, and plunging attacks.
Elemental Skill: Kamisato Art – Kyouka – Ayato enters the Takimeguri Kanka state. At the start, he’ll create a water object that will explode after six seconds. As for the Takimeguri Kanka state, it provides the following effects:
- Ayato will use his Shunsiken. All normal attacks will deal Hydro damage (cannot be overridden).
- Unable to use charged or plunging attacks.
- Increased resistance to interruption.
- Lasts six seconds or when Ayato leaves the field.
- When Ayato’s weapon hits an opponent, it will grant the Namisen effect. The damage is increased based on Ayato’s max HP. Likewise, this effect can have up to four stacks, dissipating only once the elemental skill’s six-second duration is over.
Elemental Burst: Kamisato Art – Suiyuu – Creates an AoE field that lasts for 18 seconds. Bloomwater Blades fall down on enemies within to deal Hydro damage. Friendlies that are standing within the field gain an increase to their normal attack damage. Think of this as a combination of Ganyu’s burst (i.e., a large area with falling projectiles) and Shenhe’s/Bennett’s (i.e., an active field that provides a damage boost, but for normal attacks only).
- Mine Wo Matoishi Kiyotaki – Using Ayato’s elemental skill instantly grants two Namisen stacks. When the water illusion explodes, Ayato also obtains the maximum number of Namisen stacks.
- Michiyuku Hagetsu – If Ayato isn’t on the field and he has less than 40 energy, he’ll regenerate +2 energy every second.
- Daily Cooking – 18% chance to receive a “suspicious dish” of the same type when you cook something perfectly.
Note: Ayato’s talents require Elegance booklets from the Violet Court (Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday), as well as Nobushi Samurai handguards. At higher levels, he needs Mudra of the Malefic General dropped by the Guardian of Eternity (the Raiden Shogun weekly boss).
- C1: Kyouka Fuushi – Shunsiken damage (i.e., attacks made while your elemental skill is active) is increased by 40% against enemies with 50% HP or less.
- C2: World Source – +1 Namisen stacks (maximum of 5 stacks); +50% max HP when you have 3 Namisen stacks.
- C3: To Admire the Flowers – +3 levels for your elemental skill; maximum level is 15.
- C4: Endless Flow – +15% normal attack speed for 15 seconds for the entire party after using your burst.
- C5: Bansui Ichiro – +3 levels for your elemental burst; maximum level is 15.
- C6: Boundless Origin – After using your elemental skill, Shunsiken attacks will also create two additional Shunsiken, dealing 450% of Ayato’s ATK as damage. This is not affected by the Namisen bonus from his max HP.
Attempting to obtain constellations on a 5-star character can be very costly. But, if you do want to spend extra, then C2 is a good target for a decent DPS increase. If you’re lucky, you might even hit C3 to improve his elemental skill coefficients further. All right, let’s go to the next part of our Genshin Impact Ayato guide to talk about the best weapon options for him.