After the Elemental Crucible a couple of weeks ago, Genshin Impact has a new event for its players. The Marvelous Merchandise event has you looking for Liben’s location. You’re also provided rewards upon opening the Box o’ Marvels. Here’s our guide to help you out.
Note: For more information, check out our Genshin Impact guides and features hub.
Genshin Impact: Marvelous Merchandise event and Liben’s Box o’ Marvels rewards
Once you check your event notifications in Genshin Impact, you’re told that a new vendor is roaming around Teyvat as part of the Marvelous Merchandise event. His name is Liben and you’ll find him near the flower shop near Mondstadt’s gate.
Note: Just to be clear, Liben’s location is expected to change each day, so pay attention to the clue on the event’s panel.
Upon speaking with Liben, you’re asked for some resources. For the first day of the Marvelous Merchandise event, Liben asks for 10x mushrooms.
Once you’ve given him what he needs, you’re provided a chance to open a Box o’ Marvels. These correspond to each of Genshin Impact‘s elements. Opening one doesn’t require any currency — all you need to do is complete Liben’s task for the day.
According to Genshin Impact‘s Reddit community, these are the possible rewards from the Box o’ Marvels:
- 30x primogems; 40,000 mora/gold
- 30x primogems; 3x of each talent-leveling booklet
- 30x primogems; 3x adventurer’s experience; 3x hero’s wit – These were the rewards I got after opening the Geo box.
As of now, we still don’t know if the rewards are static for all players or if they’re randomized in sets (with a possible bigger reward that might drop randomly or towards the end of the event). We’ll keep you posted in the coming days since Liben’s location and material requirements do change.
Don’t forget that Genshin Impact‘s Marvelous Merchandise event runs from October 26 to November 1 (until next Monday’s weekly reset). You may hold off on opening the Box o’ Marvels for a few days (if you want to open them in bulk). However, you need to make sure to do this before the event ends. Otherwise, you’ll forfeit all your chances.
Lastly, check out Genshin Impact‘s Battle Pass panel. If you can provide Liben with the daily materials five times, you’ll get 1,200 Battle Pass points.
Day 2 update
- Liben’s location: Springvale – At the eastern corner of the village.
- Materials required: 10x pinecones
- Rewards: I chose the Pyro box and got 30x primogems, 20,000 mora, and 4x hero’s wit.
Day 3 update
- Liben’s location: Dawn Winery – In front of the main building.
- Materials required: 10x berries
- Rewards: I chose the Hydro box and got 30x primogems and 3x of each of the talent leveling items (teachings of diligence, gold, and prosperity).
Day 4 update
- Liben’s location: Stone Gate – Use the fast travel point and follow the wooden stairs heading down.
- Materials required: 10x sunsettia
- Rewards: I chose the Dendro box and got 30x primogems and 40,000 mora.
Day 5 update
- Liben’s location: Wangshu Inn – Go outside and glide all the way down. He’s at the northern section near the pottery area and tables.
- Materials required: 10x apples
- Rewards: I chose the Electro box and got 30x primogems and 3x Teachings of Freedom/Resistance/Ballad.
Day 6 update
- Liben’s location: The Statue of the Seven north of Liyue – This is just a bit north of Liyue Harbor and the valley that leads to the city. You can see where Liben is on the world map in the image below.
- Materials required: 10x carrots
- Rewards: I opened the Anemo box and got 30x primogems, 6x fine enhancement ore, and 6x mystic enhancement ore.
Day 7 update
- Liben’s location: Liyue Harbor – He’s at the northern docks close to the fast travel point.
- Materials required: 10x radish
- Rewards: The last one remaining for me was the Cryo box. I got 30x primogems, 20,000 mora, and 8x mystic enhancement ores.
After picking up the seventh and final box, Liben didn’t offer any additional dialogue. It looks like this is the end of the Marvelous Merchandise event.