Genshin Impact will have you traveling all over Teyvat and going further along in your journey. Likewise, it’s got a Battle Pass that adds more rewards based on progression and tasks. But, is the game’s Gnostic Hymn Battle Pass upgrade worth it? Here’s our guide to help you out.
Note: For more information, check out our Genshin Impact guides and features hub. Please be reminded that the prices you’ll see in the images below are for Philippine Peso.
Genshin Impact: Gnostic Hymn Battle Pass – Yay or nay?
Genshin Impact‘s Battle Pass is unlocked once you reach Adventure Rank 20. Similar to the Adventurer Journal and other progression-based unlockable rewards, the Battle Pass has several tasks and requirements for you. Completing these will net you Battle Pass EXP (BP) and every level-up lets you grab additional rewards.
As you can see below, there are two rows of rewards. There’s a row for the Sojourner’s Battle Pass. This is automatically available to everyone upon reaching Adventure Rank 20, and you don’t need to pay anything extra. The second row is for the Gnostic Hymn Battle Pass upgrade (which I’ll discuss later).
Note: At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see how long the particular Battle Pass lasts. As of the time of this writing, I’ve got 35 days left.
Battle Pass objectives
If you click on the next tab, you’ll spot the quests—dailies, weeklies, and those that last throughout the Battle Pass’ duration. As mentioned, completing these will net you BP to gain ranks and rewards.
- Log in – 120 BP
- Mine 10 items – 150 BP; you can assign a couple of characters to go on an expedition (with mineral ores as rewards) since these will count as effecitvely mining these items.
- Complete 4 daily commissions – 150 BP
- Use 150 Original Resin – 225 BP; you spend Original Resin when you open chests from activities such as Ley Line Outcrops, Domains, and elites hunting.
- Cook 20 dishes – 360 BP
- Collect 100 Moondstadt local specialties – 450 BP
- Collect 100 Liyue local specialties – 450 BP
- Defeat 10 elite opponents – 450 BP
- Complete the Wolf of the North challenge – 675 BP
- Complete the Stormterror Domain challenge – 675 BP; defeat Stormterror once as part of the main quest, then level-up your Adventure Rank and character levels to challenge him again.
- Use a total of 1,600 Original Resin – 675 BP
- Spend 500,000 mora (gold) – 450 BP
- Complete 15 domain challenges – 450 BP
- Complete Ley Line deposit challenges – 450 BP
Battle Pass duration
- Make a total of 50 Wishes – 1,500 BP
- Use a total of 5,500 Original Resin – 2,250 BP
- Clear the Spiral Abyss challenge (floor 8 – chamber 3) – 2,250 BP; the Spiral Abyss is a tough dungeon that will test your mettle, so make sure you’re prepared.
BP Bounty, Gnostic Hymn, and Gnostic Chorus
Genshin Impact‘s Battle Pass has loads of rewards from mora (gold), upgrade materials, fate currencies used for Wishes, and Hero’s Wit booklets used for leveling. Still, you’ll need to complete the aforementioned tasks to rank up.
It’s possible to reach rank 30 for the BP Bounty and higher ranks (up to rank 50 which is the cap) as long as you continue playing and grinding in Genshin Impact. However, like any free-to-play game, there are shortcuts. If you go back to the Battle Pass’ main page, you can click on the “purchase” button. This lets you spend 150 Primogems per rank-up.
Likewise, there’s a microtransaction purchase you can make that unlocks the second row of rewards—the Gnostic Hymn ($10). The Gnostic Hymn upgrade has more rewards compared to the free Sojourner’s Battle Pass.
Furthermore, if you own the Gnostic Hymn upgrade, you’ll have access to the BP Bounty once you reach rank 30. This allows you to select one weapon out of five possible kinds: the Black Sword, the Serpent Spine claymore, the Solar Pearl catalyst, the Viridescent Hunt bow, and the Deathmatch polearm.
There’s yet another microtransaction that can be purchased called the Gnostic Chorus ($20). Not only does this provide you with all the possible rewards from the Gnostic Hymn row as long as you’ve reached the required ranks, but you’re also boosted straight to rank 10. You even get a fancy name card and 5x Fragile Resin. This item restores the Original Resin you’ve spent whenever you open Ley Line and boss treasure chests (if you don’t like waiting for it to fully replenish).
Is the Gnostic Hymn Battle Pass upgrade worth it?
That’s the big question, and the answer is: it depends. The idea of purchasing the Gnostic Hymn early sounds appealing because of the rewards, sure. However, you still need to complete the tasks and rank up before you can even obtain those rewards anyway. Assuming you found yourself busy or unavailable, and you can’t play Genshin Impact for a period of time, then that purchase will be an absolute waste.
As such, it’s actually better to play normally without purchasing either the Gnostic Hymn or Gnostic Chorus. Then, before the duration of the Battle Pass has elapsed (ie less than 24 hours left), check and see if you’ve reached a decent rank. If you’re well past rank 30, then you could decide to purchase the Gnostic Hymn upgrade to grab the BP Bounty weapon alongside the other drops. In a worst-case scenario, one where you feel like you won’t have enough time, you could still spend Primogems (or Genesis Crystals converted into Primogems) to buy Battle Pass rank-ups.