Genshin Impact‘s version 2.8 update is now live, and with it comes a new story quest for Kaedehara Kazuha. In this task called Acer Palmatum Chapter – Act I, you’ll be exploring parts of Inazuma City, followed by a short romp inside a domain. Once you’re done, you’ll be able to claim a new 4-star weapon. Here’s our Genshin Impact guide to help you with Kazuha’s story quest and the Kagotsurube Isshin Blade.
Note: For more information about the game, check out our Genshin Impact guides and features hub.
Genshin Impact guide – Kazuha story quest and Kagotsurube Isshin Blade
The mysterious attacker and looking for Kazuha
Upon starting Kazuha’s story quest in Genshin Impact, you’ll have to head to Byakko Plain. Once you reach the spot, a mysterious samurai will attack you. Drop his health below 50% and he’ll run away, but he also namedrops Kazuha as the person he’s searching for. Your next tasks are as follows:
- Look for Kazuha in Ritou.
- Visit Kujou headquarters in Inazuma City (which is also where you’ll find Kazuha).
- Talk to the Bantan Sango NPCs to learn about two people who’ve gone missing.
- Speak to a couple of marked NPCs who’ll tell you about the missing folks.
Follow the scent to find the samurai
After you’re done with the above steps, another spot will appear on the map right on the outskirts of the city. Kazuha will start rummaging through debris only to find nothing there. The next steps are as follows:
- You’ll see smoke trails in the area. Follow these until you’re at the southern edge of the city outskirts.
- After a short conversation, follow the next smoke trail to the cliffs. Defeat the hilichurls there.
- The last smoke trails are seen across the water. You can use the wind currents to reach the small island south of Inazuma City.
Upon landing on the island, you’ll meet the mysterious samurai once more. He’s none other than Amenoma Yuuya or, rather, he’s someone controlled by the Prized Isshin Blade. The cursed blade seeks power, which leads to a short bout against this foe.
Since you can control your entire party, you can make quick work of your opponent. Kazuha then claims the Prized Isshin Blade, and you’re told of a certain domain that you can check out.
The Occupied Hold domain
The Occupied Hold domain is found west of Kamisato Estate. Upon entering it, you’ll notice that Kazuha is all by his lonesome, and he’ll be up against several samurai mobs. The good news is that (a) it’s the high-level, trial version of the character, and (b) he’s using the Prized Isshin Blade here. The weapon has the following perks:
- When a normal, charged, or plunging attack hits an opponent, it will release an Accursed Spirit, dealing AoE damage equal to 180% of ATK and restoring 100% of ATK as HP. This effect can only occur once every eight seconds.
- The damage dealt by the wielder is decreased by 50%.
Basically, the weapon gives Kazuha a self-healing effect, making it ideal for these bouts. After beating the Nobushi, though, the weapon will lose its power and Kazuha will have to rely on his trusty Fillet Blade for the last fight.
The new Kagotsurube Isshin Blade in Genshin Impact
After eliminating your foes, talk to Kazuha and Amenoma Yuuya, then exit the domain. Amenoma still wishes to do battle, so head to the marked location so Kazuha can have a duel with him. Again, this is a solo encounter, so try to use the elements in the environment for Kazuha’s Swirl effects.
Amenoma accepts his defeat, and Kazuha tells the group that he wants to return to the blacksmith in Inazuma City. There’s a short conversation here followed by a cutscene. In it, the Prized Isshin Blade sacrifices its consciousness and is reforged anew.
After this scene, you’ll complete Kazuha’s story quest in Genshin Impact and you’ll have the new Kagotsurube Isshin Blade. It has the following perks:
- Sub-stat: ATK%.
- When a normal, charged, or plunging attack hits an opponent, it will release a Hewing Gale, dealing AoE damage equal to 180% of ATK and increasing ATK by 15% for eight seconds. This effect can only occur once every eight seconds.
The damage reduction and self-healing effects are removed. In exchange, you’ll get the +15% ATK boost that has 100% uptime (due to the internal cooldown of the proc). Its leveling ascension materials include:
The materials needed are:
- Lieutenant/Oni Masks – Court of Flowing Sand (Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday)
- Statuettes – Black Serpent Knights
- Spectral Husks – Specters
In any case, the Kagotsurube Isshin weapon in Genshin Impact is a great weapon for your DPS characters who wield swords. Not only is it a free-to-play option, but its refinement rank is already maxed out (all you need to worry about are the materials needed to ascend its level further).