Assuming you’ve reached Adventure Rank 40, completed Act 3 of the Inazuma Archon quest, and finished Imperatrix Umbrosa Chapter Act 1 (the Raiden Shogun’s story quest), you’ll have a new task that you can do. It’s another meeting with Sangonomiya Kokomi, the Divine Priestess of Watatsumi Island and supposed master of the Art of War. Here’s our Genshin Impact guide to help you with Sangonomiya Kokomi’s story quest called Dracaena Somnolenta Chapter: Act 1 – Warriors’ Dreams Like Spring Grass Renewing. Wow, that’s a mouthful!
Note: For more information about the game, check out our Genshin Impact guides and features hub, as well as our version 2.1 overview. Likewise, you can take a look at our character build guide for Sangonomiya Kokomi.
Genshin Impact: Sangonomiya Kokomi story quest guide — Dracaena Somnolenta Chapter: Act 1
Let’s discuss the objectives so we can complete Sangonomiya Kokomi’s story quest in Genshin Impact. Don’t forget that you need a Story Key to unlock this. Moreover, make sure you track the quest so that important locations are always marked on your map:
- Go to the marked location and talk to Gorou. Defeat the Fatui enemies.
- Speak with the soldiers along the path to Bourou Village. You’ll meet Kokomi here.
- Defeat the other Fatui with Kokomi’s “expert” tactics. Examine the glowing spots.
- Go back to Bourou Village and follow Kokomi.
- Head to Sangonomiya Shrine when it’s 1000 to 1200.
- Visit Kokomi in her hidden lair. Examine the glowing spots and give her the military treatise that she needs.
- Travel to the shoreline and wait until it’s 1800 to 0600 for the victory celebration.
- There’s a soldier who isn’t happy with the situation. You need to fight him using only the Traveler. He’s a weakling, so don’t worry even if the Traveler is only level 40 or so.
- Talk to Kokomi and wait until it’s 1000 to 1200.
- Travel to the shoal that’s southwest of Tatarasumi. Kokomi and Kujou Sara will conduct their negotiations. It looks like there will be peace between the Raiden Shogun’s forces and the resistance and, by extension, Narukami Island and Watatsumi Island.
- However, in a cutscene, their guards will become very aggressive. Thankfully, cooler heads prevail and the negotiations are concluded.
- Make your way back just outside Kokomi’s hidden lair.
That does it for Act 1 of Sangonomiya Kokomi’s story quest in Genshin Impact. Perhaps we’ll encounter her again in another mission in the future. Hopefully, her tactical expertise won’t be limited to the most obvious suggestions.