Genshin Impact: The best artifact sets for Yoimiya – Shimenawa’s Reminisce vs. Crimson Witch vs. other options
Let’s take a look at some of the best artifact set combos for Yoimiya.
4-piece Shimenawa’s Reminisce
- 2-piece bonus – +18% ATK.
- 4-piece bonus – When casting an elemental skill, if Yoimiya has 15 or more energy, she’ll lose 15 energy to boost her normal, charged, and plunging attack damage by 50% for 10 seconds.
The Shimenawa’s Reminisce is a new artifact set in Genshin Impact version 2.0 and it comes from the Momiji-Dyed Court domain. It complements Yoimiya’s capabilities (and Thundering Pulse’s perk) very well. The idea is to use your elemental skill whenever possible to turn your normal attacks into Pyro-infused arrows. The energy drain might make it harder to fully charge your burst, but it should be back up once the duration of your elemental skill has ended.
4-piece Crimson Witch of Flames
- 2-piece bonus: +15% Pyro damage.
- 4-piece bonus: +40% overloaded and burning damage; +15% melt and vaporize damage. Using your elemental skill increases the 2-piece set bonus by 50% of its starting value (max 3x stacks).
The Crimson Witch of Flames set (from the Hidden Palace of Zhou Formula domain) is a decent option for those who’ll use Yoimiya as part of reaction-heavy team comps (or if you’re still collecting decent Shimenawa’s Reminisce drops). The only downside is that her elemental skill has a 10-second duration and an 18-second cooldown, which means you won’t be able to maximize the stacks.
2-piece Crimson Witch of Flames + 2-piece Gladiator’s Finale/Shimenawa’s Reminisce
This is the usual cookie-cutter combo for all Genshin Impact characters who rely on elemental DPS. You’ve got the +18% ATK bonus, as well as the +15% Pyro damage bonus.
You’re not going to need the 40% Pyro resistance from the 2-piece bonus. Instead, you’re looking at the 35% damage increase against enemies affected by Pyro. This set is simply a substitute if you had better/leveled rolls for these drops, and if you don’t have good Shimenawa items yet.
4-piece Martial Artist
- 2-piece bonus – +15% normal and charged attack damage.
- 4-piece bonus – +25% normal and charged attack damage for eight seconds after using an elemental skill.
Although the overall stats won’t be high enough (i.e., 4-star artifacts vs. 5-star artifacts), the Martial Artist set is viable for those who are just starting out. You can get it from the Hidden Palace of Zhou Formula and Ridge Watch domains.
Here are the ideal artifact rolls for Yoimiya:
- Main stats – Pyro damage for the goblet and ATK% for the sands. For the circlet, choose either crit rate or crit damage depending on what you’re lacking. Don’t forget that Yoimiya’s crit rate slightly increases from her level ups/ascensions.
- Sub-stats – Crit rate/crit damage and ATK%.
Anyway, let’s discuss talent priorities and constellations in the next part of our Genshin Impact Yoimiya guide.