Yoimiya’s talent priorities
Let’s discuss Yoimiya’s capabilities and talent priorities.
Normal Attack: Firework Flare-Up – This boosts Yoimiya’s normal, charged, and plunging attack damage. What’s unique is that her charged attack has two levels:
- Level 1 – Shoots a Pyro arrow.
- Level 2 – Creates three Kindling Arrows based on the time spent charging the shot. The Kindling Arrows will home in on nearby enemies.
Niwabi Enshou – This is Yoimiya’s elemental skill which has a 10-second duration and an 18-second cooldown. While it’s active, her shots will turn into Blazing Arrows. These are considered normal attacks, but they’ll be Pyro-infused as well (which is why we’re looking at weapons that boost normal attack damage or ATK%). Oh, and her charged shots will no longer generate Kindling Arrows. Basically, you’ll press “E,” then you’ll just left-click to keep shooting foes with flaming projectiles.
Ryuukin Saxifrage – This is Yoimiya’s elemental burst. She’ll jump into the air and blast nearby hostiles with rockets. Then, one enemy will be marked with Aurous Blaze. Party members (anyone but Yoimiya) could hit the enemy marked with Aurous Blaze with any attack or ability to cause an AoE Pyro explosion every two seconds. The Aurous Blaze effect lasts 10 seconds, and it can automatically expire if Yoimiya is downed. Considering the duration and explosive effects, you can expect four to five AoE blasts caused by other characters.
The gist is that Yoimiya’s elemental skill emphasizes her role as a main DPS character. Meanwhile, focusing on her elemental burst makes her viable as an enabler or sub-DPS.
Note: Yoimiya’s talents require Transcience booklets (from the Violet Court domain every Monday, Thursday, and Sunday), as well as Samachurl scrolls. At higher levels, you’ll need the Dragon Lord’s Crown from Azhdaha.
- Blazing Match – 100% chance to refund a portion of the materials used when Yoimiya crafts furnishings.
- Tricks of the Troublemaker – While her elemental skill is active, Yoimiya’s normal attacks will increase her Pyro damage bonus by 2% per hit. This lasts for three seconds and can stack up to 10 times.
- Summer Night’s Dawn – When Yoimiya uses her elemental burst, all party members other than Yoimiya gain +10% ATK for 15 seconds. They’ll also receive a 1% ATK bonus for every Tricks of the Troublemaker stack that Yoimiya has before she casts her burst.
As is expected, trying to increase a 5-star character’s Constellations in Genshin Impact will be very expensive:
- C1: Agate Ryuukin – Increases the duration of the Aurous Blaze created by the elemental burst for four seconds. When an enemy affected by the Aurous Blaze is defeated, Yoimiya’s ATK is increased by 20% for 20 seconds.
- C2: A Procession of Bonfires – Whenever Yoimiya’s Pyro damage deals a critical hit, she’ll gain a 25% Pyro damage bonus for six seconds. This can be triggered even when Yoimiya isn’t on the field.
- C3: Trickster’s Flare – +3 levels for your elemental skill; maximum level is 15.
- C4: Pyrotechnic Professional – Whenever Aurous Blaze explodes, Yoimiya’s elemental skill cooldown is decreased by 1.2 seconds.
- C5: A Summer Festival’s Eve – +3 levels for your elemental burst; maximum level is 15.
- C6: Naganohara Meteor Swarm – During her elemental skill, Yoimiya’s normal attacks have a 50% chance to shoot a Kindling Arrow dealing 60% of its damage.
Anyway, let’s talk about character ascension materials in the next part of our Genshin Impact Yoimiya build guide.