Rockstar have outlined some new additions to the GTA V editing tool that’ll be included in next month’s update. The main push behind this is the release of the editing tool for PS4 and Xbox One (it was on the PC version at launch), but will also bring changes to the PC version.
The studio also mention “some exciting new gameplay for GTA Online Freemode”, but cunningly fail to elaborate on this in any way, presumably in an attempt to generate a further state of excitement and speculation.
They do, however, explain how the GTA V editing tool is being updated. The following new bits and pieces will be available when the September patch is released.
– Ambient Audio and Sound Effects Library: Add ambient and atmospheric sound design with a library of audio tracks to help bring your scenes to life or add sound effects from a collection of Foley and other sfx.
– Snapmatic Integration: Now you can export any still frame at a marker point straight to Snapmatic, giving you ultimate freedom when searching for that perfect camera angle.
– Director Mode Updates: An enlarged minimap with location blips to highlight preset locations, the power to freeze chosen time of day settings and the ability to spawn air and water vehicles.
– Copy and Paste Marker Properties: Easily copy and paste your audio settings from any marker to another marker in the clip – adding invaluable efficiency to your go-to editing techniques.
– New Fonts: You’ll now have more style options than ever for your titles and credits — we’re tripling the library of available fonts with new styles.
“More features” are also promised for future updates.