Drinbox Studios are back with Guacamelee! 2 which is finally coming to PC via Steam. The Mexican themed co-op action platformer sequel will be releasing “soon” according to Drinkbox.
The sequel expands on the original game and introduces new levels, bosses, and of course gameplay mechanics. The game takes place seven years after the original story and Juan Aguacate has been enjoying life with his family. His friend and trainer Uay Chivo has now discovered a new evil menace that is a threat to not only Mexico but time and space itself.
“We’re thrilled to announce that Guacamelee! 2 will be coming soon to a Steam Store near you!” said Graham Smith, Co-Founder of Drinkbox Studios. “Drinkbox Studios is also about to turn 10 years old! In celebration of our anniversary and this new announcement, we’ve decided to put the entire Drinkbox Steam catalog on sale at 90% off.”
New features to look out for include:
- New Player Mechanics – Experience all-new mechanics like Eagle Boost, a hooking mechanic that allows Juan to attach and fly through “boost points” in the environment
- Super Chicken! – A unique set of new abilities and moves for the chicken form, giving the player more varied and interesting chicken gameplay
- New Enemies and Environments – Guacamelee 2 takes place in a whole new part of Mexico, with completely new areas, enemies, and bosses
- 4-Player Local Co-op – Take on enemies as a solo luchador, or with a group of friends!
- Visual Enhancements – Redesigned lighting system for both characters and environments to take advantage of advanced hardware rendering features
The Steam store page is now live.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.