Runic Games’ rather good action/adventure/platformer HOB has been out a few days and the second patch has just dropped.
This update should provide stability improvements and a few changes to the game as shown in the patch notes below. While we had no issues with the game whatsoever, some players have been reporting stuttering and there’s still a crash issue with Nvidia 10 series cards but Runic is apparently on the case with that one and are “close” to resolving it.
If you’ve not read our review of HOB this week then check it out, it’s a pretty solid game. Even if you don’t like this type of game in general, this might surprise you.
HOB Patch Notes (188.8.131.52)
- Stability improvements.
- Butterfly collection should increment properly.
- Added a ladder in electric zone for easier return traversal.
- Adjusted deathfall sound volume.
- Improved camera angle during certain puzzles to make it easier to see.
- Updated vista map markers.Note: We are very close to tracking down the launching crashes folks are getting with Nvidia 10-Series graphics cards. If you’re running into this issue, try reinstalling your MSVC++ redistributables (see Launching Issues for more info on how to do this.) If you receive an assert message at this point, let us know via email@example.com which one you received. Removing one or more of the microcodecache.bin files (info also in Launching Issues) may resolve the issue. If not, rest assured, we are working round the clock to resolve the issue. Thanks to everyone in the community who has taken time to help us track this issue down!R