New content is coming to Blackbird Interactive’s Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak and it’s called the Soban Fleet Pack.
The additional content will bring a new playable faction to the game, the Kiith Soban, which will be available in multiplayer and skirmish modes. The Soban fleet includes a new Carrier, Railgun, Baserunner and Battle Cruiser.
A special Dosier in the form of a classified interrogation is available to read which gives a few more insights in the the Soban capabilities.
The pack will cost £6.99 and includes all the above and the features listed below.
- New Soban Carrier Captain VO
- New Soban voice processing
- Unique Soban Textures for all units
- Microwave Emitter – a new top tier weapon that will deploy deadly microwave radiation to a targeted area, damaging any enemy units while they’re in the AOE field.
- Armed Logistics Modules – Soban armed logistics modules have a short-range defense system that slows and damages nearby enemies. Additionally, the Soban Carrier can redirect power to increase launch distance, rate-of-fire, and damage capability of these modules.
- Defensive Railguns – The Soban Carrier does not use smaller calibre point-defense cannons. Instead, it has railguns for defense.
- Multi-Phase Railgun Turrets – Soban Battlecruisers have been outfitted with dual railgun turrets in place of standard cannons.
- Targeting Jammer – A new ability that allows Soban baserunners to disable weapons in a target area.
- Mark Target Ability – Soban Railguns can paint a target within range, helping friendly units to do more damage while the mark is active.
You can find out what we thought of Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak in our review.Related to this article
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.