For Season 1 of Diablo 4, there’s quite a bit going on for both free and paid players. Apart from the new Battle Pass, there’s a new quest for you to do. To start, you’ll meet a new character who goes by Cormond, and you’ll be tasked with helping him build cages for corrupted enemies. Before you assist him, you must complete the first part of the Seasonal quest called Holding Back the Flood. When I first started my Seasonal Journey, I was left a little confused because there were no indicators of what I should be doing. To save you time, this guide will show you how to complete the Holding Back the Flood quest in Season 1 of Diablo 4.
Diablo 4: How to complete Holding Back the Flood quest in Season 1
To achieve this quest, you must finish the first two chapters of the Seasonal Journey. To see what objectives you must fulfill, simply press the U key and it will take you to the Season tab. After, click Season Journey and all the missions that you can do will be there.
Below is a snapshot of how many objectives you must complete.
- Chapter 1 requires only 7 objectives completed.
- Chapter 2 needs 9 objectives done.
Which missions to do
The good news is that most of these objectives are fairly easy to do. However, I recommend doing the following to speed things up a bit.
- The Hangman’s Garden: Requires fifteen Gallowvine to be collected.
- Heart of Corruption: Collect a Malignant Heart during the campaign or after.
- Den of Evil: Complete any dungeon.
- Trouble in the Wilds: Complete any World Event.
- What Lurks Below: Complete any cellar.
- Kind Stranger: Complete any priority or side quest.
- Keeper of Keys: Collect a Whispering Key.
- Undertaker: Complete ten cellars.
- Stopping the Spread: Collect 3 Malignant Hearts during or after the campaign.
- Ruins Reclaimed: Conquer a Stronghold.
- A Torch in the Depths: Complete 5 Malignant Tunnels.
- Baptized in Blood: Reach level twenty-five.
- Vivisector: Collect fifteen Demon Hearts found from killing demons or in cellars.
- Warrior of Taste: Change your appearance 5 times in the Wardrobe.
- Lighting the Way: Interact with ten waypoints.
- Spit and Polish: Upgrade items to the first level at a Blacksmith or Jeweler.
- Finer Clarity: Upgrade your potion at an Alchemist.
Diablo 4 is available now via Battle.net.