While roaming the vacuum of space in Starfield, have you ever wondered if you could just step outside your ship? Of course, you’d need your spacesuit and boost pack, but that should be more than enough. Taking a stroll outside your ship while in space should be something featured in the base game of Starfield, however, it seems to be omitted by Bethesda Softworks. For the more creative players, this guide may be for you. To learn how to go outside your ship in space in Starfield, read below.
Starfield: How to go outside your ship in space
Thanks to Reddit user, WeirdConcern4666 you can enjoy a walk outside your ship mid-travel. But you’ll need to do some manipulating on your part first to do so. Before continuing, this can only done on PC. For Xbox users, you may be able to do this later when Bethesda adds mods to consoles.
- Head to the cockpit of your ship, but do not control it. To stop controlling your ship press and hold E on PC, and B on Xbox.
- Open up your control commands by pressing the tilde key (~) on your keyboard.
- In the control commands type in the following: player.setpos x 10 and setgravityscale 0.
- To get back into your ship, bring up your scanner (F on PC and LB on Xbox).
- Open up the control command again and type in setgravityscale 1. Everything should be back to normal afterward.
While in space, you can roam around and use your boost pack to navigate. It’s quite interesting that Bethesda didn’t include this in the final product. There could be a ton of cool things you can do such as fixing your ship from the outside or, if you are up to the challenge, creating an outpost on a nearby asteroid. Although this is unconfirmed, it wouldn’t hurt to try.